Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Canadiens | Sat. March 1st, 2014 | 7pm EST, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Carey Price is expected to be back for this one no?
Doesn't appear he's good to go for Saturday.

Not that it's the most important thing who is and isn't in the other teams lineup. Need the Leafs to tighten up defensively and not have another disastrous performance. Sure likely playing their backup will hopefully help the offense, but need to be sharper as a whole.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bolland was with Raymond and Kulemin today at practice.

Appears he may play

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
NVM.

Dave Bolland said he doesn't expect to play.

There is a chance I suppose

Frelimo

Jul 6, 2012
Toronto
I predict a relatively close checking game from the Leafs. Maybe 43 shots against and only a dozen or so turnovers deep in their zone.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Doesn't appear he's good to go for Saturday.

Not that it's the most important thing who is and isn't in the other teams lineup. Need the Leafs to tighten up defensively and not have another disastrous performance. Sure likely playing their backup will hopefully help the offense, but need to be sharper as a whole.

pretty much this im not scared of Montreal Im scared of Toronto. The Leafs are one of the most talented teams and when they show up they almost always win, but to often we see bone head errors cost us to many games ie: last night.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
We're going to win this one.
The rust is off, and JVR/Kessel looked fine, so I say let's go. win in regulation, and we're good to go.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
One thing that gets me down is that our toughness is non-existent now. Hard to believe that Isles players were taking liberties with our players. I mean Gleason is pretty tough but was not in Boulton's class. Most posters don't like colton orr and FML but I wouldn't mind having one of them in.

Delicious Dangles*

If we play like we did on Thursday, easy win.

Not sure why people are all saying we sucked defensively when 2 of the goals (at least) were 100% on Bernier. Not to mention 3 of their 4 regulation goals were special teams, 2 of which were SH when we shouldn't really be worrying about defense.

It was total fluke that they won. I don't think we can blame that one on the defense.

EDIT: Actually, I believe the PP goal was on the penalty where Phaneuf broke his stick. Another fluke.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
One thing that gets me down is that our toughness is non-existent now. Hard to believe that Isles players were taking liberties with our players. I mean Gleason is pretty tough but was not in Boulton's class. Most posters don't like colton orr and FML but I wouldn't mind having one of them in.

Orr and FML - noone fights with them and the leafs spend the time they're on the ice in their own zone

But I'd rather have a guy like Devane in there who can actually contribute.

I'm surprised Bodie didn't have something to say last night.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
If we play like we did on Thursday, easy win.

Not sure why people are all saying we sucked defensively when 2 of the goals (at least) were 100% on Bernier. Not to mention 3 of their 4 regulation goals were special teams, 2 of which were SH when we shouldn't really be worrying about defense.

It was total fluke that they won. I don't think we can blame that one on the defense.

Bernier was off his game, but that doesn't excuse our team for handing the Isles several point blank scoring chances on a platter, three of which ended up in our net.

If we play the way we did on Thursday, we will get smoked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad