Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
For anyone who doesn't want to read through it, In short, Nylander wasn't playing through anything or got hurt in an off ice activity, he just woke up not feeling great. He felt stiff.
In the skate today, he was laboring, hunched over and missed a couple of easy shots. However he stayed for 56 minutes much longer than his teammates, and skated much better and more like himself as the session went on.
Bertuzzi Matthews Marner
Knies Tavares Marner
Holmberg/Robertson Jarnkrok Nylander
Dewer Kampf Reaves

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Leafs should be watching the Avs vs Jets...when is the last time Leafs score 3 goals in a playoff game let alone a period.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Hopefully this series is '93 all over again:

ynm3bi.jpg

The meltdown in Boston would be glorious.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
pretty much most of the other games so far have had 3+ goals

didn't they get the memo? they are not allowed to score 2+ goals? Leafs have scored only 2 goals in their last 8 playoff games.

If Leafs with their high AAV forwards can only manage about 2 odd goals how date someone else score more than that? HOW DARE THEY?

P.S. All my curses for Dubas. I hope he fails miserably and goes bankrupt for what he did to our team

Reactions: theTTC

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
pretty much most of the other games so far have had 3+ goals

didn't they get the memo? they are not allowed to score 2+ goals? Leafs have scored only 2 goals in their last 8 playoff games.

If Leafs with their high AAV forwards can only manage about 2 odd goals how date someone else score more than that? HOW DARE THEY?

P.S. All my curses for Dubas. I hope he fails miserably and goes bankrupt for what he did to our team

In 50% of the games, the losing team scored 1 goal...

In one game the losing team scored more than 2 goals...

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
number of time leafs allowed less than 2 goal in the 1st half of the game last 2 years? 3..

last post season
74% of winning team allowed 2 goal or less
1st : 72%
2nd : 74%
3nd : 80%
final : 80 %

when your starting the second half of your game and youre already allowed 2 goal, what is really your chance to win the game considerating 1 more goal against and your chance to win drop at 25% whatever what you did offensively in the game... and its the same story game after game, its playoff hockey and until leafs doesn't fix it, they will never win in playoff

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Game 3 adjustments
Hopefully Nylander is back. Even if he is up and down Nylander from round 1 last year, that will be a huge help. Probably in for Robertson even though he had a fine 2 games IMO. Since we have last change now, I think it's an easy decision to put JT and Nylander together. You don't worry about matchups as much now.
Drop Marner to the 3rd and tell him to figure it out.

On D, might sound odd but I wouldn't change anything. All of our D have had bad moments and Benoit has been the worst IMO, but I wouldn't seperate McCabe and him yet

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Bertuzzi - Matthews - Domi
Nylander - Holmberg - Marner
Knies - Tavares - Jarnkrok
Dewar - Kampf - Reaves​

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
If Willy comes back for game #3.

Bert Matthews Domi
Robertson Tavares Marner
Knies Jarnkrok Nylander
Dewer Kampf Reaves
Holmberg

Line 2: Give Marner someone to pass to
Line 3: Knies in front, Jarnkrok solid D, Nylander flying all over the ice.

Reactions: BayStBullies

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Bertuzzi - Matthews - Domi
Nylander - Holmberg - Marner
Knies - Tavares - Jarnkrok
Dewar - Kampf - Reaves​

You would reward Nylander for:

Taking up a skater spot and playing like garbage for the last 3 weeks of the regular season while searching for his 100th point; missing the first 2 games of the playoffs from some sort of minor injury received in the 82nd game of the year?

Why?

Keep the lines as they are:

59 - 34 - 11
23 - 91 - 16
19 - 29 - 88
24 - 64 - 75

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Bert - Matthews - Domi
Nylander - Tavares - Marner
Knies - Jarnkrok - Robertson
Dewar - Kampf - Reaves

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
You would reward Nylander for:

Taking up a skater spot and playing like garbage for the last 3 weeks of the regular season while searching for his 100th point; missing the first 2 games of the playoffs from some sort of minor injury received in the 82nd game of the year?

Why?

Keep the lines as they are:

59 - 34 - 11
23 - 91 - 16
19 - 29 - 88
24 - 64 - 75
you play nylander 2nd line to get the corpse of tavares off that line and the ghost of marner going. Give marner a player who can actually shoot the puck and make plays and see if that doesn't get him going. If marner isn't going and his play continues, the series is going to be incredibly difficult to win

moreover, that third line is not going to score. Jarnkrok's playoff numbers make kerfoot look good, he should not touch the ice with any skilled players, especially nylander. let him play on a line that just needs to cycle and create chances and play defence, not actually score

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Boston has to be a bit shook right now.

We were outhit last night and 3 of our biggest hitters (McCabe Boosh Benoit) didn't even throw registered hits, I think they only had 1 or 2 COMBINED....yet Leafs still looked like the more heavy team. It goes beyond hits sometimes. This is better anyways. We weren't caught out of position because we chased hits instead of owning our lanes.

Hence why Boston might be a bit shook. Being physical isn't as simple as leading in hits on the scoresheet by the end of the game. Also, the 3 I singled out above are capable of getting 15-20 combined at any moment of time to beat them down further. Boston might be shocked when they check the stats and see that those 3 didn't even throw hits last night. "Why the hell do I hurt then?!"

Loving those lower back cross checks from Rielly lol. If they counted those as hits he'd have 50 hits per game.

Reactions: Duffman955

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
There is a pretty obvious formula for beating Boston, and the Leafs did it last night and will carry it through the remainder of the series. Hard forecheck on Boston's defensemen results in many turnovers, from which their goalie can't always save them, and speed through the neutral zone and blueline. It is not much different than how the beat Tampa last year. I guess this series could go 6 games if Boston is able to squeak out a win in game 5, but between their turnovers and their non-existent secondary scoring, it was going to be difficult for them to beat any team in the playoffs (other than the obvious caveat of Washington and the Islanders).

Sep 18, 2009
There is a pretty obvious formula for beating Boston, and the Leafs did it last night and will carry it through the remainder of the series. Hard forecheck on Boston's defensemen results in many turnovers, from which their goalie can't always save them, and speed through the neutral zone and blueline. It is not much different than how the beat Tampa last year. I guess this series could go 6 games if Boston is able to squeak out a win in game 5, but between their turnovers and their non-existent secondary scoring, it was going to be difficult for them to beat any team in the playoffs (other than the obvious caveat of Washington and the Islanders).
Saying Chance GIFs | Tenor

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Leafs got the better talent and best player but way worst coaching , and they make bone head mistakes
BOS has the better coach and they make less mistakes but they got less talent overall

they should win this series after what they displayed last night

they told on themselves

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Leafs got the better talent and best player but way worst coaching , and they make bone head mistakes
BOS has the better coach and they make less mistakes but they got less talent overall

even still, they should win this series after what they displayed last night

they told on themselves

Yep, last night was all the players running those systems...

People are ridiculous with the Keefe hate.

How has he been outcoached in this series?

Also, the D and goalie are very much in favor of Boston... talent-wise, these are close teams.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Yep, last night was all the players running those systems...

People are ridiculous with the Keefe hate.

How has he been outcoached in this series?

Also, the D and goalie are very much in favor of Boston... talent-wise, these are close teams.
keefe stinks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad