Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
The reporters are unprepared. Most of these questions are a complete waste of time?
I just hope his attitude is infectious.

Dallas coach DeBoer on Domi last year:

"I loved Max. I loved what he brought on the ice, but I also loved the energy that he brought to our room and the accountability he brought on the ice to the other team with his physicality," praised DeBoer. "He’s just a really great guy to be around. He’s got a great energy to him every day, and he’s got a great competitiveness to him. We miss him within our group, and we wouldn’t have gotten to the Conference Finals without him last year and his contributions for us."

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
I have been super down on the guys all year and this stops the second the puck drops. It's time to become a hater of our opponents now!

As the rock says "Let's go Leafs!"

We can take these guys. Have you seen their forward depth? Pasta is sick yes. What else? 45 year old Marchand and???

Their lineup has league minimum players in their top 6 (Danton heinen).

Jake Debrusk who has asked for a trade twice this week.

Charlie Coyle scored his first hat trick this year and he's been in the league 1000 games.

JVR? Don't make me laugh. He was washed BEFORE Kessel

Morgan Geekie? Suitable name. This guys a nerd!

Jesper Boqvist/John Beecher - Don't pretend these guys are not chatgpt names

Pat Maroon - their own commentator called him out. Dressing room distraction

Last edited:

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
We can take these guys. Have you seen their forward depth? Pasta is sick yes. What else? 45 year old Marchand and???
It pretty simple, neutralize Pastrnak and your odds grow exponentially. Unfortunately someone needs to devise a strategy and execute it to do so. I don't have confidence in either the coach or the players to do so.

Reactions: ruaware41

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Would be pretty strange to give a player a maintenance day before starting a playoff series where you don’t get another practice until probably before Game 4.
Well, he didn't miss a shift the entire Tampa game and was out there in the final mins, so I don't know if its a injury or what.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Do we have anyone committed to do GDTs for the main boards? Or a sign up? Def want to avoid what happened last year with the GDT not being posted till like 5pm lol.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
One of the big keys will be playing with lots of physicality and intensity but also being disciplined.
We cannot take too many penalties in this matchup, because if it becomes a battle of special teams we will most likely lose.
5v5, we should be able to carry alot of the play.

5v5 shot attempts for per 60/ 5v5 shot attempts against per 60

Toronto
Screenshot (1288).png

Boston
Screenshot (1287).png

Last edited:

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I can't freakin' wait.

I haven't been this excited about a game since this time last year. I might even be more excited now. I'm convinced they either go far or something BIG happens.

Because it's not just the impatient f***s like me demanding success anymore.

Even Joe Casual Weekender is piping up. Fans can only be satisfied by regular season and individual accomplishments for so long. At some point results have to meet expectations instead of expectations continually lowered to match results.

There's no excuse for the Leafs to lose this series.

Boston is a bubble team without their goaltending. The main reason provided by fans saying the Bruins will win is the Leafs recent history of choking. A dismal past has left a dejected fan base questioning the organizational motives.

It's amazing how quickly winning fixes that.

Last edited:

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I can't freakin' wait.

I haven't been this excited about a game since this time last year. I might even be more excited now. I'm convinced they either go far or something BIG happens.

Because it's not just the impatient f***s like me demanding success anymore.

Even Joe Casual Weekender is piping up. Fans can only be satisfied by regular season and individual accomplishments for so long. At some point results have to meet expectations instead of expectations continually lowered to match results.

There's no excuse for the Leafs to lose this series.

Boston is a bubble team without their goaltending. The main reason provided by fans saying the Bruins will win is the Leafs recent history of choking. A dismal past has left a dejected fan base questioning the organizational motives.

It's amazing how quickly winning fixes that.
Either that or you're smoking too much on 4/20.

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
Love the punch in the face and no call but we get bs penalties.

Fire Keefe for putting Robertson out there, dude nothing but a goal suck, hate him on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad