Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
And yet he'll play well in playoffs like he always does
True Nylander can be a point per game in the playoffs in his sleep, but if he pretended it was about money like he did when he started the season this year and looked MVP caliber, it would look far different. Nylander will just do just enough like usual but not come close to fulfilling his potential.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Still surprised they don't give Knies any sort of look on the PP. Throw him in front of the net or something. He's pretty decent on tips and picking up garbage goals around the net and is big enough to screen any goalie.

He does on PP #2.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
No idea why the NHL is rushing this series. Leafs got a few guys who are facing injuries and could use the extra time. Probably a disadvantage that we’re playing every other day for the first 3 games while starting 2 days earlier than the other series.

Looking at the last starts of all 4 of our goalies including Murray, yes.

Leafs best bet is to try and win every game 8-7.
Hey, everyone remember the Covid year when Montreal complained to the league that Price needed a few extra days and magically the schedule involved the Leafs and the Habs watiing 5 days after everyone else got started?

Reactions: HolyCrap

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
We'll need the Hockey Gods and their puck luck to beat Boston.
I swear there's no team in the NHL that benefits from INSANE luck more than Boston. The other team will fight to score goals and Boston will get them back via off-three-guys insane pinball goals... I swear 80% of their goals are "throw it into a crowd and hope it works and somehow it does" goals...

When the Leafs have tried this method of generating offense, it usually leads to pucks missing the net entirely.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Let’s be honest, is Matthews just a front runner? A guy who scores a bunch goals in relatively meaningless regular season games. Or is he a leader? A guy who can lead his team to actual post season success. He needs to show he can lead us to a victory against a long time rival. He has to lead this team in this series.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
I’m more concerned about Liljegren, Gio, or Brodie taking penalties than those two. Lack of speed has forced them to take penalties in the past.

I mean more because when the Leafs try to play physical vs the Bruins the refs get needlessly involved, Marchand can use another players face as a speed bag and no call but the Leafs cough in the direction and it's a 5 and a game and a sit down with DOPS (maybe should be called DOPES?) for us.

Pasta/ Marchand are as dirty as the come, they are elite at masking dangerous and dirty plays as just run of the mill Oooopsies... it's a farce TBH, doubt I will even watch the series because as long as that f***wit clown Jeremy Maurice Jacobs Sr. is the Bruins owner and the Chairman of the Board of governors for the NHL, the Leafs will never get a fair shake in any series against the Bruins. Plus our core is soft as Draft beer shits and has a similar odor when it comes to games that matter.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I mean more because when the Leafs try to play physical vs the Bruins the refs get needlessly involved, Marchand can use another players face as a speed bag and no call but the Leafs cough in the direction and it's a 5 and a game and a sit down with DOPS (maybe should be called DOPES?) for us.

Pasta/ Marchand are as dirty as the come, they are elite at masking dangerous and dirty plays as just run of the mill Oooopsies... it's a farce TBH, doubt I will even watch the series because as long as that f***wit clown Jeremy Maurice Jacobs Sr. is the Bruins owner and the Chairman of the Board of governors for the NHL, the Leafs will never get a fair shake in any series against the Bruins. Plus our core is soft as Draft beer shits and has a similar odor when it comes to games that matter.
Never thought Pasta was in the Marchand class of rats but if he is, wish Matthews, Nylander and Marner were too.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Still surprised they don't give Knies any sort of look on the PP. Throw him in front of the net or something. He's pretty decent on tips and picking up garbage goals around the net and is big enough to screen any goalie.

He does on PP #2.
What I find concerning is Robertson was taking reps on PP2, meaning there's a good chance he plays. I like Robby and don't have a problem with him, but to me that means at the very least McMann is out and quite possibly Nylander as well, otherwise why not have Knies in his place there? Something isn't adding up.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Boards been calling for it for months.
Ahh good times. I remember when the board was ready to burn Babs at the stake when he wouldn't play them together lol

Remember? Marner going up and down the lineup from 2nd to 4th line... then I think it was one game with Matthews and it was like magic. It's certainly gotten stale, and I am with most of you in preferring them being apart.

Having, or forcing, Matthews to drive his own line has made him into a way better player imo. He still has someone feeding him the puck and some netfront presence...

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
What I find concerning is Robertson was taking reps on PP2, meaning there's a good chance he plays. I like Robby and don't have a problem with him, but to me that means at the very least McMann is out and quite possibly Nylander as well, otherwise why not have Knies in his place there? Something isn't adding up.
Jarnkrok isn't playing. They have him on PP1 and Willy's spot because he is a right shot.

Reactions: crump

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Ahh good times. I remember when the board was ready to burn Babs at the stake when he wouldn't play them together lol

Remember? Marner going up and down the lineup from 2nd to 4th line... then I think it was one game with Matthews and it was like magic. It's certainly gotten stale, and I am with most of you in preferring them being apart.

Having, or forcing, Matthews to drive his own line has made him into a way better player imo. He still has someone feeding him the puck and some netfront presence...
Yeah I remember Babs refusing to play them together. Turns out he was smarter than Dubas thought, even if he was an asshole.

Last edited:
Reactions: egd27

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Yeah I remember Babs refusing to play them together. Turns out he was smarter than Dubas though, even if he was an asshole.
Despite Babs being a scum of the earth human (by all accounts), he knew what he was doing and understood these players better than anyone else.

Holl, Hyman, M+M together and there are probably some other examples. Great hockey mind from another era.

Reactions: ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad