Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
When Mo made it 1-0 early in the first I really thought we had it....
That was a weird one. I was at that game and remember coming out half in the bag and it was still light out cause it was an afternoon start. Went to the local dope store, bought a joint and went home to watch Game of Thrones lol.

Reactions: leafsfan5

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
I'm not gonna let the game 1 lineup get to me because I expect change throughout the series.

There will be lots of rotating in and out for the 4th line and 3rd D-pair is my guess
If you’re hoping or thinking Brodie won’t be in the lineup every game for big minutes, prepared to be disappointed.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If you compare the rosters side by side there is no reason why the Leafs shouldn't be able to beat the Bruins in 5 games. The reality is that our high priced players will most likely be dominated by the likes of Trent Frederick, JVR, and Kevin Shattenkirk.

I always feel like the Leafs organization treated their own come up story like a coronation, when the previous regime would compare their own struggles to multiple cup winning teams like Detroit and Tampa. Puts too much of a target on your back for scrubs to want to take you down and spoil the party.

Leafs never play the spoiler either. We had a chance to deny Kucherov his 100th assist and that wasn’t even an angle. Just focused on our own individual stats. We never play the disruptor role. Whereas you know Boston will be amped up to play against us and ruin our season.

maskingagent

Oct 18, 2016
Leafs in 5 or 6 ! Honestly ! Matthews and Nylander will be the Bruin killers. The Leafs are no longer the team that allows "boston into their heads" , and are no longer intimidated by their physicality. Boston is a lot weaker as a team and don't have any 3rd -4th line scoring. When the physicality wears out the from their top two lines the forwards stop finishing their checks, the Leafs draw Boston into playing speed and skill and Nylander will make them pay. Boston will retaliate with the physical play every time the Leafs take the lead, but I think the Leafs will be able to hold them off , even after the scrums and fly back down the ice with speed and skill and curtains for Bruins fans. Bruins players will go for the big hit , miss and Matthews will make them play. The only way the leafs lose if Swayman stands on his head, and Samsonov shits the bed.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I’m already getting excited for game 1 tmrw. When I first heard this matchup I thought we had no chance, I’m starting to believe again

Something inside me wants to believe that the core 4 can get it done.

It looks like I’m ready to be heartbroken again:laugh:

Reactions: ToneDog

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
That's true against RANDOM opponents.

It's untrue vs Boston.

They have dominated us for two years.

The drubbing a month ago was embarrassing.

We haven't scored in the first period vs Boston - ALL YEAR - another sign we were dominated.
That's why they play the games. You could be correct, but probably not... that doesn't mean we win, but you've already given some real quotables even if it's close.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
I have no expectations. Not feeling negative. I'm excited for the game, but really not even nervous because I don't have expectations.

Kinda hoping it's how the team feels. Go in loose, as underdogs, and maybe surprise some people.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
The narrative is already written. All they need is a misleading bad angle still shot to prove it to the world

My two predictions are there will be a hit on a Leaf player exactly like Naz did a few years ago and there will not even be a PIM called.

McCabe/Benoit are going to be in the box a lot.

Just look out for the games where Wes McCauley is reffing and put all your money down on the Bruins, I can guarantee that much.

Folks take this one to the bank. Zero doubts the NHL is doing their best to get Wes the Mess to ref a game in this series.

#34 two minutes for scoring ....

Reactions: OddyOh

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
If both 1st lines totally blank each other every game which team will score more?
Good question.

The one and probably only clear advantage is the Leafs' depth of high talent, namely the 3 Musketeers.

If they're shut down, the depth on paper, anyway, is sort of even, which plays into the Bruins's hands. So they (34, 88, 16) really ought to turn up.

Reactions: Punch Drunk Loov

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Toronto is scheduled to practice later today, should have a better indication of whose in and what the lines will be at practice.
Do we know if they are in Boston or still in Tampa? Are they practicing and then travelling? Doesn't matter, just curious.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
My key to winning, net presence. Domi and Bertuzzi need to shoot more when it is the right play, Mattys chase is over, time to chase the Cup now. Don't make it an auto pass to Matty (though of course, give it to him alot).

The depth lines will have to be physical and a nuisance. The wildcards are McMann and Knies upfront. They are going to have a say in this series I predict. I also predict that JT, like Mo earlier in the season, has had enough of losing and he is going to leave it out there. Just a hunch as I've watched him morph this year in key moments. Pride can motivate a man who has had plenty of personal success since he was a kid.

Boston is a different team without Marchand. They also aren't the Big Bad Bruins of old.

Leafs were second in the league in hits this year. Second! Continue this.

Bottom line, take it to them. We know who is going to shrivel, that doesn't change but Leafs have enough new horses to provide some sandpaper.

Most importantly. Outside of balanced reffing, is to go into this series with a hatred for the Bruins. Rivalries in sports bring out the drive. Embrace it and welcome it.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Oh guaranteed McCauley gets at least 2 of our games. What are we with him in the playoffs? 0-10 or something?

Edit: 0-8 in the Matthews era. McCauley was also the ref in the game when Liljegren was slew foot by Marchand in November.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
That's why they play the games. You could be correct, but probably not... that doesn't mean we win, but you've already given some real quotables even if it's close.

Anyone thinking Boston is going to dominate us is in for a pleasant surprise... IMO atleast.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I fear the Bruins, I have to choice but to fear any team that employs this monster on their backend:

1713547105169.png

• Haha
Reactions: ToneDog

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Is it seriously confirmed McJokeofaref is doing all our games or are you guys trolling?

We are literally 0-8 with his biased ass

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Oh guaranteed McCauley gets at least 2 of our games. What are we with him in the playoffs? 0-10 or something?

Edit: 0-8 in the Matthews era. McCauley was also the ref in the game when Liljegren was slew foot by Marchand in November.
Come on, McCauley is their best ref. Sigh. The league should allow teams to agree on the refs and linesmen for the playoffs similar to how juries are selected. They did that for the '72 summit series and the Russians still found a way to f*** us in game #8 with Campalla. LOL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad