Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
To be fair, Sammy's season had two halves.
The first half was a horror show, passed through waivers, then got some time off and was mostly solid, and at times spectacular.

Yes, Boston clearly has the advantage in net, but keep in mind that the Leafs got by Tampa Bay & Vasilevskiy last year with Samsonov - including him allowing only 3 goals combined in the last 2 games. He'll obviously have to be very good for the Leafs to have any chance and I believe he has it in him, just not sold yet he'll be able to keep it up for a deep playoff run.
Vasi was horrible last year and was the main reason they lost.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Have the Ref's been announced, i want to know who is fixing the game before the games starts.
The narrative is already written. All they need is a misleading bad angle still shot to prove it to the world

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
We are a way better team on paper. If we lose we just straight up suck. Look at Bostons lineup outside McAvoy Marchand and Pasternak they are a bunch of nobody’s
It depends which team shows up.
Are we going to play like whatever it takes to win, go to the dirty areas, sacrifice and do the right things?
Or are we going to play like the country club Leafs and let Boston dictate how the series goes? Big difference.

Reactions: peconcan

Tarmore

Nov 11, 2008
IMO this series is a complete coin flip, 50/50 all the way.

So many things could tip it in the Leafs favour
- do they get atleast average NHL goaltending
- any of the big 4 go on a heater
- defence hold
-is the reffing fair

I don't know what would tip it for Boston...

Who steps up for the Leafs?
Knives? Seems build for the playoffs.
Slick Nick R - Does the coach trust him enough defensively to put him out there?
Reeves - make a big impact? Or rather several big hits and turn the tide at some point?
Any of the recent additions? Or not so recent? Domi or Bert.

Hate all the negativity on here. Not surprised to see the usual trolls lapping up all the attention an revelling it the free shots.

Same with all the Keefe haters.

How many posters have you added to your ignore list in recent days?

If the Leafs fair poorly is this the thing that turns @Mess full Winter Soldier?

Will the mods on this board enforce the rules strictly for those of other teams posting here or only on those who frequent the board?

Last edited:

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
No idea why the NHL is rushing this series. Leafs got a few guys who are facing injuries and could use the extra time. Probably a disadvantage that we’re playing every other day for the first 3 games while starting 2 days earlier than the other series.

We just need 1 of our goalies to play like an NHL goalie. Is that too much to ask??

Looking at the last starts of all 4 of our goalies including Murray, yes.

Leafs best bet is to try and win every game 8-7.

Reactions: authentic

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Just hope the boys keep it simple defensively. Keep shots to the outside, don't let Pastrnak skate into the slot without at least one body glued to him like peanutbutter on toast.
Everybody is talking about the goaltender, the biggest solution to that is playing well defensively and not giving up constant odd man rushes and high end scoring chances.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Have the Ref's been announced, i want to know who is fixing the game before the games starts.
Just look out for the games where Wes McCauley is reffing and put all your money down on the Bruins, I can guarantee that much.

• Haha
Reactions: Hellcat

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
At least we have 2 guaranteed Saturday games. Last year I feel like we only had 1 against Tampa and 1 for florida

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Everybody is talking about the goaltender, the biggest solution to that is playing well defensively and not giving up constant odd man rushes and high end scoring chances.
It seems in the past with the goalies the biggest issue was giving up the untimely soft goal.
I don't think there's much the defense can do about that.

At least we have 2 guaranteed Saturday games. Last year I feel like we only had 1 against Tampa and 1 for florida
Why is that important? :huh:

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It seems in the past with the goalies the biggest issue was giving up the untimely soft goal.

Why is that important? :huh:
Saturday games are just a better playoff vibe. Though @Punch Drunk Loov is wrong we did play Tampa twice on a Saturday (game 3 and game 6).

Reactions: ACC1224

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Can't allow freebies goals in the playoffs, (its always game 7 when the softest goals go in). I'd expect the goalie to always make routine saves.

But the team needs to really crack down on giving up odd man rushes and boxing out in front of the net. Most of the time Toronto gives up high end chances is because they are trying to cheat for offence.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
No idea why the NHL is rushing this series. Leafs got a few guys who are facing injuries and could use the extra time. Probably a disadvantage that we’re playing every other day for the first 3 games while starting 2 days earlier than the other series.
Pretty standard to start up to 3 days after your final regular season game.

Reactions: Evilhomer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad