GDT: Leafs VS Bruins 7 PM CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
cut.jpg

Game preview: Maple Leafs at Boston Bruins
The Bruins’ David Pastrnak has 18 goals, good for a tie with Sidney Crosby for the league lead.

By Mark ZwolinskiSports reporter
Fri., Dec. 9, 2016

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2016/12/09/game-preview-maple-leafs-at-boston-bruins.html

TD GARDEN

Puck drop: 7 p.m.

TV: CBC

Radio: Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Key Players: David Pastrnak and Tyler Bozak.

Pastrnak has had a hot hand to start the season; the forward scored two goals in the span of a minute in a loss to Colorado on Thursday. While the game turned into a defeat, Pastrnak reached 18 goals to climb into a tie with Sidney Crosby for the league lead. That’s an impressive performance for the 20-year- old from the Czech Republic, who was Boston’s first-round pick in 2014. His best previous tally was 15 goals in 51 games two seasons ago. Bozak could draw the checking assignment on Pastrnak, especially with Boston holding the last word on line changes, as they may keep Pastrnak away from Nazem Kadri, the Leafs’ best checking centre.

Need to know: Boston will be looking for a quick and disciplined start to this game. The Bruins were behind three goals in the second period in their two previous games. They went 0-1-1 in those contests ... Boston ranks 25th in goals per game but owns the league’s third-best penalty kill and is sixth overall in goals against … Bruins strong showing defensively sits in large part with goalie Tuukka Rask, who is second in the NHL with 14 wins, third in GAA, and sixth in save percentage. Rask is expected to get the start against the Leafs … Brad Marchand has had some big nights against the Leafs this season and last and he enters this game with a four-game point streak. Torey Krug has six assists over his last six games.

Up next: Sunday, vs. Colorado, 7 p.m., Sportsnet

Game Day: Maple Leafs at Bruins
By Lance Hornby, Toronto Sun

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/12/10/game-day-maple-leafs-at-bruins

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS at BOSTON BRUINS

Saturday, 7 p.m., TD Garden

TV: CBC; Radio: 590 AM

THE BIG MATCHUP

Frederik Andersen vs. David Pastrnak

The Leafs’ recent run facing Rocket Richard Trophy contenders continues with this red-hot Bruin. Two more against the Avs on Thursday gave Pastrnak a piece of the league league lead with Connor McDavid. Andersen, meanwhile, is the sixth-busiest goalie in the circuit, but his .911 save percentage and a series of one-goal losses has not put him close to the leaders

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks for the GDT & updates.., Budsfan..

Personally.., I would love to see Bibs get his first official NHL game in tonight, when the team is rested.....
(just so he has more protection).., and go with the older more experienced goalie, tomorrow....
but I guess playing Boston, demands they use Andersen...

I would LOVE to see another Matthews four goal night against the Bruins.., wouldn't you..? :)

Turbo Scorer: Auston Matthews 2016-17 Highlights - TML (HD)

...I'd take a four goal night from Marner, too... :laugh:

Playin' On A Prayer: Mitch Marner 2016-17 Highlights - TML (HD)

GO LEAFS GO !!

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
image.jpg

..."This also may be the weekend Antoine Bibeau finally gets his first NHL start. After a few call-ups the past couple of years where he served as the backup, Bibeau could finally see the ice in a game because of this weekend’s back-to-back contests and games every other night after that through Dec. 19. Babcock says a decision will come after Frederik Andersen plays in Boston.

“My goal is to be in the NHL,” Bibeau said. “I’m really grateful to be here right now and if I get the chance to play it would be nice. I’m here, I don’t know how long, my plan is to stick around, work hard and if I get the chance, I want to prove I can play.

“I had the chance to be here last year a while, so I feel more comfortable now. The guys are great with me, so you don’t have that nervousness. Every time I’m here, you never know what’s going to happen. If I get the call I’m going to make the most of it.”....

FULL ARTICLE--> http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...-couple-of-toronto-maple-leafs-young-forwards

Maple Leafs Practice: Antoine Bibeau - December 9, 2016

Last edited:

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
image.jpg

..."This also may be the weekend Antoine Bibeau finally gets his first NHL start. After a few call-ups the past couple of years where he served as the backup, Bibeau could finally see the ice in a game because of this weekend’s back-to-back contests and games every other night after that through Dec. 19. Babcock says a decision will come after Frederik Andersen plays in Boston.

“My goal is to be in the NHL,†Bibeau said. “I’m really grateful to be here right now and if I get the chance to play it would be nice. I’m here, I don’t know how long, my plan is to stick around, work hard and if I get the chance, I want to prove I can play.

“I had the chance to be here last year a while, so I feel more comfortable now. The guys are great with me, so you don’t have that nervousness. Every time I’m here, you never know what’s going to happen. If I get the call I’m going to make the most of it.â€....

FULL ARTICLE--> http://news.nationalpost.com/sports...-couple-of-toronto-maple-leafs-young-forwards

This will really depend on how much rubber Andi sees tonight.
I'm mixed in this because I would like to see bibs against nhl shooter's but I also want us to embarrass the bruins.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
If one of the gifted HF posters would do that; it would be amazing!

I don't make them, but I took a quick look.. and don't see any made, yet..

Here's a nice recent Leafs-Bruins memory, though.., Salt..
(goal in video above)

These are all from the October 16th, 4-1 win...

Marner Goal

mitch-marner-first-nhl-goal-1068x601.jpg

leafs-bruins-15102016.jpg

Last edited:

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Now that's Holland is gone, did Leivo make a miraculous recovery?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

I don't make them, but I took a quick look.. and don't see any made, yet..

Here's a nice recent Leafs-Bruins memory, though.., Salt..
(goal in video above)

These are all from the October 16th, 4-1 win...

Marner Goal

mitch-marner-first-nhl-goal-1068x601.jpg

leafs-bruins-15102016.jpg

Let's see mitch get a hatty tonight!
If he does the celebration will be highlight reel material.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Sooner or later, this outplaying and outshooting has to result in goals and wins-doesn't it?

Most of our losses so far have been one goal games.... There have been very few Leafs-loss-blowouts,
like we saw the few previous seasons.., which is a good sign, to me..

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs 2 of the best goalies in the same week.

Dubynk and Rask are #1 and #2 in GAA barely giving up more than 2 goals so this could be another game where the offense is hard to come by.

If Boston scores 3 then scoring 4 on Rask might be a real challenge to win this one.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So stupid that Carlo fell into the Bruins laps.

He's exactly who we needed :rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad