Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs. Bolts - Bounce back game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheThrill81*

I reckon the 11 wins in the previous 32 games has something to do with that..

16-13-3 in their last 32 games, but who's counting? :sarcasm:

And what do you make of the Leafs being 7-2-1 in their last 10 games?

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
16-13-3 in their last 32 games, but who's counting? :sarcasm:

And what do you make of the Leafs being 7-2-1 in their last 10 games?

Well I meant the 32 games prior to the winning streak we went on.

And of the 7-2-1 record, I make that when our top guys are on, we win.

TheThrill81*

Well I meant the 32 games prior to the winning streak we went on.

And of the 7-2-1 record, I make that when our top guys are on, we win.

More often than not, every team needs their top guys to be on in order to win.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
I hope we keep McClement from playing more than 15mins.

Anyone have stats on our record when McClement plays that many mins?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I wonder if we'll see Reimer tonight. Just to get him into a game before the Olympic break.

Either way, I hate how this team can get so over confident at times. It shows in their play, especially to start a game. They are caught flat footed and get outworked a ton. It's only after a being scored on once or twice, or 0-0 if the goaltenders were god likr, after the first 10 or so minutes that they finally wake up.

Anyway, hopefully they can bounce back. We've been playing with fire lately giving the opponents early goals. Hopefully we start off strong and finish strong. Gotta get at least 3 points in the next 2 games to stay in a good position.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We need to get rid of McLaren first and foremost. Smithson is a close 2nd, but at least he can win a faceoff --- which is more then McLaren will ever be able to do.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Writing an exam during this game. Leafs usually play stellar when I miss their games so I'm expecting good things

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
We need to get rid of McLaren first and foremost. Smithson is a close 2nd, but at least he can win a faceoff --- which is more then McLaren will ever be able to do.

And I ask again, we did we sign a guy like McLaren for 2 years!? We picked him off waivers, and had to give him 2?!
RC has a man-crush on him though so I'll be surprised if he goes, and yet really disappointed if he stays

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
So .. why isn't the GDT up yet.

This community has been slacking lately. Almost as lazy as the Leafs D

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
And I ask again, we did we sign a guy like McLaren for 2 years!? We picked him off waivers, and had to give him 2?!
RC has a man-crush on him though so I'll be surprised if he goes, and yet really disappointed if he stays

He had a decent impact when he was picked up. Heck he was decent last season too.

He's been absolute shiat this season though. He can't even fight properly when he does, which is a rare sight.

At least Orr can skate all right and he will hit hard anything that moves. McLaren can barely keep up to throw a decent hit. He's barely got a hit a game, and that's not enough from a supposed tough guy.

It makes me mad, maybe to the point of sadness, that Brodie, Ashton (when healthy) and even D'Amigo are not playing due to him being in the lineup. Seriously.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
He had a decent impact when he was picked up. Heck he was decent last season too.

He's been absolute shiat this season though. He can't even fight properly when he does, which is a rare sight.

At least Orr can skate all right and he will hit hard anything that moves. McLaren can barely keep up to throw a decent hit. He's barely got a hit a game, and that's not enough from a supposed tough guy.

Seems like he's been hurt all season, even when playing. Like he keeps coming back too early.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wonder if we'll see Reimer tonight. Just to get him into a game before the Olympic break.

Either way, I hate how this team can get so over confident at times. It shows in their play, especially to start a game. They are caught flat footed and get outworked a ton. It's only after a being scored on once or twice, or 0-0 if the goaltenders were god likr, after the first 10 or so minutes that they finally wake up.

Anyway, hopefully they can bounce back. We've been playing with fire lately giving the opponents early goals. Hopefully we start off strong and finish strong. Gotta get at least 3 points in the next 2 games to stay in a good position.

Be very surprised if Bernier doesn't start tonight and Saturday.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I know having had a broken finger, it's gotta be affecting fighting...... but what happened to the rest of his game?
Oh well, not a big deal, but as was said, hate to see him taking a roster spot over a few Marlies

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Seems like he's been hurt all season, even when playing. Like he keeps coming back too early.

He should be demoted to the Marlies and be given the Orr treatment. It made Orr better I thought, maybe it'll work for McLaren.

I just don't see what Carlyle see's in him right now. I really don't. I really really don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad