Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Blue Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It was too much to ask to see Kadri with Kessel for a long stretch of games. Just too much...

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
It was too much to ask to see Kadri with Kessel for a long stretch of games. Just too much...

Both were less than half-assing it the whole game. Kessel's too fragile to be benched, but Kadri responds well to discipline. Not surprised by this. I think long-term Kadri is the 1C from here on out, but the message is clear. You have to earn it every single night with your play.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Horachek is anti Carlyle in a bad way. Carlyle = no changes whatsoever to top line. Horachek makes too many changes and has little patience thus far.

I like Horacheck though and hope he can remain at least an AC after we tank it this season.

mikebel111*

The tank is on
Our 2 worst defensive players back together. Kessel and Bozak
I expect total domination by other team and posters say, its Kessel fault.
Kadri and Kessel looked good together so ofcourse you change it.
Than again Bozak away from Kessel kills our depth scoring. I understand the idea "dont put all eggs in one basket"

Now with that done, stupid mistakes killed us in what I thought we played a solid game
Lets get a win boys!

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
horachek is the best tank commander ever. last year he helped the panthers tank all the way to ekblad. this year, he'll help us tank to a top 5 pick. its gonna happen. :naughty:

i hope we beat columbus. GLG! :handclap:

Swayze*

4-2 Cbs

They are a harder working team and I really respect how they play the game

mikebel111*

Both were less than half-assing it the whole game. Kessel's too fragile to be benched, but Kadri responds well to discipline. Not surprised by this. I think long-term Kadri is the 1C from here on out, but the message is clear. You have to earn it every single night with your play.

I like that Kadri got demoted. At least there is accountability. But it has to be consistent now
As Mike Johnson said " now it should be consistent, not just Kadri"

leafstilldeath*

Horachek is anti Carlyle in a bad way. Carlyle = no changes whatsoever to top line. Horachek makes too many changes and has little patience thus far.

I like Horacheck though and hope he can remain at least an AC after we tank it this season.

I don't know man. The way I see it is that Bozak is wothless without Kessel. Kadri is the only other player that can drive offense by himself other than Kessel so spreading out offense. Coaching staff recognize it and have acted accirdingly. One Holland is back I expect Dutch to be centering Kessel.

We will see....

That said, it was good watching Kessel cycle with offensive zone pressure.

Bozak needs to go..........

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
horachek is the best tank commander ever. last year he helped the panthers tank all the way to ekblad. this year, he'll help us tank to a top 5 pick. its gonna happen. :naughty:

i hope we beat columbus. GLG! :handclap:

:laugh: if he helps us tank to a top five pick -we need Columbus to beat us, on friday

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I was wondering why Santo wasn't back at C. Should have happened as soon as Holland was injured. Smith McKegg Carrick don't belong on a third line now.

Komo-santo-Clarkson was a great posession line to start the year. Makes sense to try it again.

Horachek seems to really like Panik. Hopefully Panik rewards him for giving him the chance.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Tankers will want CBJ to win.

They beat us, and chances are up to 6 teams will pass us, by the all-star game, maybe earlier

If things continue this way, we are on a fast track to end the season with the 4th-6th Overall Pick, going into the lottery, which would give us a 7.5%-9.5% chance at the first overall pick.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Kadri made one mistake and really it was more santo's fault.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
When holland gets back I would like to see Santo beside JVR and Kadri on the 1st line. I thought they were very effective when playing together. Someting like this would be ideal IMO:

JVR-Kadri-Santo
Booth-Holland-Kessel
Komorov-Bozak-Clarkson
Winnik-Smith-Panik

I just wish we had a better center then Smith to help that 4th line which could be a very good one.

cbjgirl

Just thinking
Jan 19, 2006
about last summer.
Likely CBJ lines:

Hartnell - Johansen - Foligno
Calvert - Dubinsky - Atkinson
Skille - Wennberg - Collins
Boll - Letestu - Morin

Johnson - Savard
Tyutin - Goloebef
Connauton - Wisniewski

Bob most likely in net.

Scratched: Leopold, Prout, Tropp (I think he's still up)

Ignore the line order, as guys return to the lineup, Richards will try to roll the lines more consistently.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Kadri's coming off a leg injury too. Needs to get back into the swing of things.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
2 teams going in opposite directions last 10 games.

Leafs record = 2-8-0 = 4 of a possible 20 points
verses
Columbus record = 7-2-1 = 15 of a possible 20 points

Columbus has gained 11 points on the Leafs in the past 10 games.

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
I don't know man. The way I see it is that Bozak is wothless without Kessel. Kadri is the only other player that can drive offense by himself other than Kessel so spreading out offense. Coaching staff recognize it and have acted accirdingly. One Holland is back I expect Dutch to be centering Kessel.

We will see....

That said, it was good watching Kessel cycle with offensive zone pressure.

Bozak needs to go..........

IMO when Lupul is healthy he is also capable of generating his own offence.
He's just never healthy

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Yawn,

If we lose, I am gonna read 1000 posts about tanking, getting a top pick, selling off assets etc

If we win, I am gonna read 1000 posts about how we are still in a wild card spot and will make the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad