GDT: Leafs vs Blue Jackets 6PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Columbus Blue Jackets at Toronto Maple Leafs: Sunday NHL preview

Closet Leafs fan Nick Foligno and the Blue Jackets close out regular season against the Leafs at ACC.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leaf...t-toronto-maple-leafs-sunday-nhl-preview.html

By Kevin McGranSports Reporter
Sat., April 8, 2017

AIR CANADA CENTRE

FACEOFF: 6 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet

RADIO: Sportsnet 590 The FAN

KEY MATCHUP

Foligno vs. Rielly

Blue Jackets captain Nick Foligno, whose father Mike played for the Leafs, admitted to being a closet Leaf fan. He has 26 goals and 25 assists. Leafs defenceman Morgan Rielly’s job, as always, will be to shut down the other team’s top players.

NEED TO KNOW

The Blue Jackets have lost six in a row (0-5-1) after dropping a 4-2 decision to Philadelphia on Saturday. . . . They’ve sewed up third place in the Metropolitan Division, though, and will play the Penguins in the opening round of the playoffs. . . . Calder Trophy candidate Zach Werenski (shoulder) is not expected to play. . . . Joonas Korpisalo (6-5-1, 2.96 goals-against average, .902 save mark) is expected to start in net for Columbus. . . . The Blue Jackets power play is rated 11th (20.5 per cent) and the penalty kill 10th (82.2 per cent).

C88dNqqWsAExbMP.jpg:large

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
If that rookie goal chart doesn't make you smile I don't know what will!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Just get one, it would be better to enter the playoffs on a win, guys.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Hoping for the Sens. We're flying high right now but there is a great chance we're flying right towards a first round against the Caps with Curtis McElhinney in net :laugh:

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Noooooooooooo Daisy GDT?

:laugh: i did my job. we're in.

plus remember, it's better effective when it's Super Important. Honestly, I have confidence that we'll close it out really well (especially now that they KNOW they are in - vs. omg. we have to win or we're totally boned).

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Good luck tonight McElhinney! Crowd will be loud. Hope we play with the same level of intensity we played with yesterday. If not, make it a boring grinding game and get the point first.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
I look to see if you were going to make a GDT Daisy but Info starting to pour in, so I made it.

i was getting ready for work :)
honestly, i know we joke about it, but i truly don't think it matters WHO makes the GDT (unless it's Cor, because then you know what's up ;) ). i have faith that we'll get'er done.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
i was getting ready for work :)
honestly, i know we joke about it, but i truly don't think it matters WHO makes the GDT (unless it's Cor, because then you know what's up ;) ). i have faith that we'll get'er done.

I agree completely, I don't care who makes the GDT either.

I hope you can get updates when your at work....

Cheers!

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Are the Jackets watering down their lineup tonight? Aside from Bobrovsky?

Don't think it matters. Leafs will be ready to go and should be a lot looser now that we don't have an elimination game on our hands.

My only concern is McElhinney, he makes the saves but doesn't look all that good making them (Reimer like) on a back to back. If he can give us what he gave us yesterday minus the gaffe, we should be able to get a point at the very least.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If you're gonna dream, dream big. My dream:

Step 1 - Get a point tonight
Step 2 - Beat Ottawa
Step 3 - MTL over NYR

And then we have what I've been waiting for all my life - a competitive PO series against our arch enemy. In 78 we played well and were somewhat but they were on another level and the eventual outcome was never in doubt. This time it would be very different.

Dreams do come true. I believe!

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad