Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs arizona coyotes

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Malgin should get on the board tonight, I don’t want to here any “told you so” stuff, he’s playing for his life, against an absolute dog shit defensive team, on a top second line in the NHL. What more do you want? Great opportunity, let’s see what he does with it.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I would have felt better with Samsonov and Robertson in the lineup tonight, but we still should win if everyone shows up. History has shown that is not always the case against weaker opponents.

Reactions: DarkKnight

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
Kally reminds me of Markstorm, in that both weren’t really top prospects and we’re supposed to be backup at best. Then Marky got the starting job and never looked back. Hope Kally can do the same
Markstrom was a top prospect, 31st overall pick, big things were expected of him in Florida and then in Vancouver. It just took him a while to get there.

Reactions: Buds17 and Smif

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Kally reminds me of Markstorm, in that both weren’t really top prospects and we’re supposed to be backup at best. Then Marky got the starting job and never looked back. Hope Kally can do the same
Markstrom was the best goalie prospect in the world in Florida. He had something like a .940 sv% in international play as a prospect.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I would be thrilled if Kallgren becomes Markstrom (as would everyone) but I remember Markstrom being a very hyped prospect that initially failed in Florida and then found is game in Vancouver.

I would say Kallgren and Markstrom were very different in terms of the level of prospect they were.

Unless I misinterpreted your post in which case I apologize.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
More like you are delusional.

Malgin has played well, and Robertson will get games soon, if he doesn't while Murray is on LTIR, I will start to believe your theory, but currently, there is no evidence of this other than a few posters who post this in every thread trying to make it a thing.
Marlies don't play again until Saturday so Robertson might as well be with the Leafs. If they don't dress him they should send him back for Saturday's game.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Samsonov is on a roll, but let’s put in our third stringer who can barely make saves at the AHL level.

If this doesn’t spell disaster, I don’t know what does.
Or lets let Samsanov's strong start stay with him for 4 days before his next start...long season.

horner

May 22, 2007
What would a Matt Murray buyout look like , for the last year of his deal.

If he keeps having injury issues.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
the 3rd string goalie is currently our backup and we have 7 games in 14 nights, is it really that bad?

worst case for Robertson, I am pretty sure his salary just went up 10x, so I am sure he is happy. Obviously, he'd be happier playing, but he will have a chance.

I'd rather let Engvall sit for a game or push ZAR out for a game and run 3 scoring lines with Nylander/Robertson/Malgin on line 3, but I can see this being experimented with at some point anyway, so I won't lose sleep over it.

I just want to see this at some point this season:

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Kerfoot - Tavares - Jarnkrok
Robertson - Nylander - Malgin
Engvall - Kampf - NAK

someone's 3rd line is going to have to shut down Nylander or Tavares, not a fun task.
Love the middle two lines.

Give them equal ice time to start, and reward the better one with more.

I think the Nylander line will quickly prove to be the more dangerous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad