Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs arizona coyotes

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Nylander misses practise. Leafs bring up SIMMONDS, Mete and Robertson. Simmonds will bring our PowerPoint game up and also bringing the talk energy. The leafs are so ready for this one... we might bank In almost 8 goals In this one. Even More easy ones.

Reactions: Recipe Unlimited

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Nylander misses practise. Leafs bring up SIMMONDS, Mete and Robertson. Simmonds will bring our PowerPoint game up and also bringing the talk energy. The leafs are so ready for this one... we might bank In almost 8 goals In this one. Even More easy ones.

You do realize that those guys are not going to be playing for the Leafs short of an injury, right?

Would not be surprised to see both Robertson and Mete back down by next weekend when the Marlies play again. Simmonds can stay since he is not playing for either team anyways.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

genk

Nov 15, 2015
You do realize that those guys are not going to be playing for the Leafs short of an injury, right?

Would not be surprised to see both Robertson and Mete back down by next weekend when the Marlies play again. Simmonds can stay since he is not playing for either team anyways.

Based on practice lines it looks like Robertson is drawing in for Malgin.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Monday games used to be brutal. I’m not sure but my sense is we've done better on Mondays in the last 2-3 years. I would have to check.

Nick Ritchie returns. Also Kassian is in their lineup. Could always take Engvall out and put Simmonds in. Would love to see Robertson in the lineup as well.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Monday games used to be brutal. I’m not sure but my sense is we've done better on Mondays in the last 2-3 years. I would have to check.

Nick Ritchie returns. Also Kassian is in their lineup. Could always take Engvall out and put Simmonds in. Would love to see Robertson in the lineup as well.

Why? If Arizona is stupid enough to put Kassian out against anyone except our 4th line, then they deserve to get caved. And against our 4th line, let him be physical. Our guys would be more than happy to return the favour.

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022

Sorry you was right. My first instiction is when I see simmonds name is for him to play and bring the energy for us. but yes you was right, robertson comes in first this time. He might even score a lot in his first game. Also simmonds might be in because this game is already over when it even starts. We might rest some of the better players with fysique. Simmonds just brings in the steady body here and also those hits (maybe 4 in this game). Liam O'Brien, Conan's causin is also in so they might bring the Ali vs Foreman in this one.

Dont't forget Conan's causin, Liam O'Brien. He is a heavy weight in today's nhl. Always looking for that weaker opponent to beat.

Reactions: SeaOfBlue

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This is a game where I feel a win isn't good enough this needs to be a blowout.

While nothing on this team is outright terrible so far, in fact parts of it have performed very well, namely Tavares, Nylander, the PK and Samsonov.

The offense, While it has looed better each game, is not quite firing on all Cylinders, Matthews, Marner and Bunting all have 2 points in 3 games, not terrible but they haven't had that breakout game yet.

Tomorrow night they have Arizona, tomorrow night they need to feast on Arizona, the offense needs a breakout game to get this team going like it can.

Reactions: Fogelhund

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Leafs got this for sure! if they don't .... bag skate bright and pucking early next day!

Robertson is in bro

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
We always seem to lose to these clowns, even when significantly outplaying them.
meh.... I know... WHY !!! is it always the shit teams we don't show up for? I hope this season that changes... I kind of witnessed in live on Saturday vs the Sens 'was there at the SBA, that was puckin epic!!! ' what a come back... but yes. this is a team the Leafs should DESTROY! so lets hope so.... but... yeah, given the track record against shit teams....... GO LEAFS GO!

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
This is a game where I feel a win isn't good enough this needs to be a blowout.

While nothing on this team is outright terrible so far, in fact parts of it have performed very well, namely Tavares, Nylander, the PK and Samsonov.

The offense, While it has looed better each game, is not quite firing on all Cylinders, Matthews, Marner and Bunting all have 2 points in 3 games, not terrible but they haven't had that breakout game yet.

Tomorrow night they have Arizona, tomorrow night they need to feast on Arizona, the offense needs a breakout game to get this team going like it can.
Playing run and gun can hurt in the long run. I prefer a disciplined game where players are focused on playing right instead of padding stats.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
The Leafs need to stay focused and win the game, no matter the score.

I would be more impressed if they play good, sound defensive hockey and win another close game than if they win in a high-scoring shootout with lots of goals and defensive lapses on both sides.

Either way, though, a win is a win. They don't get extra points for style.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He needs to be on a roll in the playoffs. Kallgren, on paper, won’t get an easier game
Probably should find another alternative if this is the only team they can trust him against.
Be a shame to throw away an easy two points just to give a guy a chance

Reactions: bax and Ciao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad