GDT: Leafs v Habs II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
These guys, like they've had this genius epiphany about what we do after the PP, shut up it isn't a big deal.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
No, it's because both PPs, Tavares AND Marner had long shifts and drew the penalty at the end of their shift. It's really that simple.

No, The reason the 2nd power play is playing the first 30-40 seconds of the power plays is to get the top unit away from MTL’s top PK units as the Leafs have last change and most teams start the PK’s with their strongest guys

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
These guys, like they've had this genius epiphany about what we do after the PP, shut up it isn't a big deal.
Did Matthews, Bozak, and Kadri not play on the PP last year? What did we do after the powerplay was over then? Why is it suddenly such a crazy situation for these guys to latch onto? I don't see how them being split onto different PP units prevented them from having to deal with a fatigue issue after a PP was killed.

Reactions: DarkKnight

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
No, The reason the 2nd power play is playing the first 30-40 seconds of the power plays is to get the top unit away from MTL’s top PK units as the Leafs have last change and most teams start the PK’s with their strongest guys

Lol no, sorry man. You're overthinking this. I'm telling you that if those guys weren't on the ice, they'd be starting the top PP. And they will eventually. Guaranteed.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Lol no, sorry man. You're overthinking this. I'm telling you that if those guys weren't on the ice, they'd be starting the top PP. And they will eventually. Guaranteed.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
I'm pretty sure it's because 2/5 of PP1 had just played a full shift and were gassed. It's not 3D chess.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Ahhh I see what you're doing. Suits you well.

Reactions: Cor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad