Confirmed with Link: Leafs to host Red Wings in Centennial Classic on Jan 1, 2017

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Like a lifelong resident of Malibu seeing an A-List celebrity or a household McLaren, I don't really give a ****. Too many outdoor games ruin the novelty. I'm desensitized. Too bad, because a centennial year is actually a legit reason to have an O6 OD game. But alas, I'm over the outdoor thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Like a lifelong resident of Malibu seeing an A-List celebrity or a household McLaren, I don't really give a ****. Too many outdoor games ruin the novelty. I'm desensitized. Too bad, because a centennial year is actually a legit reason to have an O6 OD game. But alas, I'm over the outdoor thing.

I used to think like this. Then I realized it has no negative impact on me. As a non-Michiganite (what are you people called?) it's extra game guaranteed to be televised, which means more Red Wing hockey :handclap:

For the Detroit locals, it has no negative impact plus its a cool event for the host city. Additionally, its extra exposure for my favourite team and players.

I don't see any downside to these events. Really, its a win-win.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016

I used to agree, and have said some of the same things. That was until I attended my first outdoor game at Coors Field. The atmosphere, crowd, and field was amazing, easily one of my favorite hockey viewing experiences.

Outdoor games have definitely lost some of their novelty, but boy are they fun in person. I had a blast.

ElijahR92

Sep 10, 2015
Grand Blanc, Mi
I used to think like this. Then I realized it has no negative impact on me. As a non-Michiganite (what are you people called?) it's extra game guaranteed to be televised, which means more Red Wing hockey :handclap:

For the Detroit locals, it has no negative impact plus its a cool event for the host city. Additionally, its extra exposure for my favourite team and players.

I don't see any downside to these events. Really, its a win-win.

Michigander haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad