Status
Not open for further replies.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The guy that brought Samsonov to Toronto isn't here
The guy who signed him this summer is there. And it was his decision to run with these 3 goalies.
To be fair, no one expected Samsonov to be this bad but goaltending and team D was always projected to be a weak spot for the team.
Treleving’s off season signings of Reaves, Domi, Bertuzzi and one of the worst defensive D in Klingberg were questionable given the teams needs.

Last edited:

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
I think the Leafs/Flames will pull of a big trade that will see Markstrom and Tanev head east.

What it would cost them is another matter.

Leafs will want to no doubt add without a major subtraction. And there's the rub. Cap hit follies might force the hand of the Leafs/Flames in any transaction.

I feel that the Leafs and their fans will want to contend this year, cost be damned as you can always start fix it after you've won a cup.

So I expect Treliving to go all in. Flames will either have to retain or take back some UFA contracts in return. Trouble is, for them the real prize would be picks or prospects or a certain rookie player.

Markstrom and Tanev combined bring about a 10.5M cap hit.

While I'd love to suggest Nylander in return, I don't think that is realistic.

Heck, what I'm about to propose isn't either, but what the heck?

2024 1st, 2024 3rd, Samsonov, Domi, Liljegren, Cowan.
It's a good thing you're not a GM cause that's got to be the stupidest trade I've ever read

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
I remember years ago there was a discussion about who will be better from three IS Russians. We have answers now about one of them.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
They have more problems than just a goalie.

Well right now he would be better than anyone The Leafs have available. He would also be a good mentor for when Woll comes back. He would also be fairly cheap to acquire.

There's half a dozen teams that have been wanting to acquire a goalie for weeks to months. What makes you think he'd be cheap to acquire?

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
The 1.5mil goalie they get surely will fix everything and make all problems dissappear. It's so easy, just pay 4 guys half of the salary cap and try 30 different goalies until one overachieves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad