Leafs team stats since getting the whole team together

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
With both a healthy Matthews and Nylander returning.

• 3rd in NHL in score and venue adjusted CF% - 54.19
  • 4th in NHL in score and venue adjusted scoring chance for% - 54.07
  • 1st in NHL in in high danger scoring chance for% - 59.73
Putting up these numbers over a 15 game span. So I'm leaning towards this being more than just a good stretch. This is what this team will likely play like for the remaining games.

Reactions: Randy Randerson

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
Its great to see the Leafs the way they are right now and probably for quite a few years to come. Young, fast and full of potential still.

However, I'm getting too old and too skeptical to stat watch that much anymore. My focus is on very specific performances. Such as. how many playoff teams did we beat in those 15 games while achieving those stats. I'll give you a hint, its between 0 and 2.

Reactions: zaqq

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Its great to see the Leafs the way they are right now and probably for quite a few years to come. Young, fast and full of potential still.

However, I'm getting too old and too skeptical to stat watch that much anymore. My focus is on very specific performances. Such as. how many playoff teams did we beat in those 15 games while achieving those stats. I'll give you a hint, its between 0 and 2.

I agree with you. But keep in mind that our last 7 games were without our #1 goalie. Losing to Nashville and Minny recently, who have arguably the best defenses in the NHL, shouldn't be held against them too much.

And we also don't get to pick the schedule. The team can't be blamed for playing Jersey, VAN, and Detroit.

Reactions: NightTrain1

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
it's hard to be too upset with Nylander's lack of individual success when you look at how good the team is overall with him in the lineup. he's one of the Leafs best players, and he makes the Leafs a nightmare to match up against

Reactions: zaqq and stickty111

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
feels like Matthews and Nylander are verging on some offensive explosions too, both have been generating more shots and shot attempts in the last 4-5 games, luck will smile on them if they keep it up

Reactions: Menzinger

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
How many games has the team been at 100% health and strength?

Nylander missed 2 month.
Matthews injured, perhaps twice.
Andersen injured.

As much as the team is top 5 in the NHL, I have my doubts.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
How many games has the team been at 100% health and strength?

Nylander missed 2 month.
Matthews injured, perhaps twice.
Andersen injured.

As much as the team is top 5 in the NHL, I have my doubts.
because of a contract dispute and 2 injuries? You must have doubts about every team in the league then

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
it's hard to be too upset with Nylander's lack of individual success when you look at how good the team is overall with him in the lineup. he's one of the Leafs best players, and he makes the Leafs a nightmare to match up against
it's actually really easy to be upset at Nylander. Holds out for more money than he's worth, shows up out of shape, still has poor compete level. Yep, easy.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
it's actually really easy to be upset at Nylander. Holds out for more money than he's worth, shows up out of shape, still has poor compete level. Yep, easy.
I said his lack of individual success, not him in general. Although I still think it's silly to be upset at him personally

Last edited:

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
I agree with you. But keep in mind that our last 7 games were without our #1 goalie. Losing to Nashville and Minny recently, who have arguably the best defenses in the NHL, shouldn't be held against them too much.

And we also don't get to pick the schedule. The team can't be blamed for playing Jersey, VAN, and Detroit.

%100

I definitely dont want to be too negative about things. Im loving the fact the Leafs are doing so well and moreso how much potential they have going forward. This is literally just the beginning for us and after 40 years (minus a couple) we have pretty much been forced to endure losing seasons and games where you hope to win instead of expect it.

I do however think some people are getting ahead of themselves with where this team is currently in their development. We just aren't there quite yet. Matthews inst quite there yet. Our defense isnt quite there yet. Soon they will be, so its ok to be excited about it. Ive just had pessimism of this team beaten into me that my measuring stick is set quite high.

Reactions: zaqq

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
There’s no way it lasts for much longer.

And when those two start clicking, other teams will be utterly overwhelmed
it was 15 mins from the Nylander signing deadline when I decided that it wasn't happening and stopped watching and was sure if that happened that we'd trade him. I was disappointed that we would never see this offense together and firing on all cylinders, there's going to be stretches this season going forward where teams don't know what to do against us

Reactions: Menzinger

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Good stuff. Now if only they good give a consistent effort game to game and period to period they'd be right there with the Lightning. Bolts have figured out that skill won't win you a cup, Leafs apparently need that lesson more than twice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad