GDT: Leafs/St Pats vs Blackhawks 7PM CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
hnic-chi-tor-desktop.jpg

Maple Leafs-Chicago Blackhawks: Game preview

The Hawks are 15-3-0 in their last 18 games.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2017/03/17/maple-leafs-chicago-blackhawks-game-preview.html

By Mark ZwolinskiSports reporter
Fri., March 17, 2017

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Puck drop: 7 p.m.

TV: CBC

Radio: Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Key players: Patrick Kane vs. Morgan Rielly.

The Hawks’ Kane remains one of the most dangerous forwards in the NHL, as his 17 goals and 28 points since Feb. 2, which leads the NHL over that time span. He also has 21 multi-point games this season, second-most in the NHL.

Rielly draws the top forwards for the Leafs. He’ll have a huge assignment — his biggest since the all-star break — in trying to shut down Kane and the Blackhawks’ superb offence.

Need to know: Former Leaf Richard Panik is thriving in Chicago; he scored the game-winner vs. Ottawa Thursday, and now has 18 goals on the season . . . Chicago won for the third game in a row, and is now 15-3-0 in its last 18 games … The Blackhawks have won nine of their last 10 on the road, and their 21 road victories are second in the NHL … Artem Anisimov has a lower body injury and is expected to miss 3-4 weeks … Marian Hossa skated in his 1,300th NHL game Thursday, while captain Jonathan Toews has 269 career goals and sits in seventh overall on the team’s all-time list … All-star defencemen Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrooke continue to show why the Blackhawks are so strong at this time of year: Keith has 42 assists, fourth among NHL defenceman, while Seabrooke has 122 blocked shots, second on the team.

Up next: Monday, vs. Boston Bruins, 7:30 p.m., TSN4

Game Day: Blackhawks at Maple Leafs

By Lance Hornby, Toronto Sun

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/03/18/game-day-blackhawks-at-maple-leafs

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS at TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Saturday, 7 p.m., Air Canada Centre

TV: CBC; Radio: 590 AM

THE BIG MATCHUP

Patrick Kane vs. Mitch Marner

Similarities between the two former London Knights have not escaped Kane, who is fighting for the league lead in scoring and meets the potential points leader on the Leafs. “(Marner) has got that all-around complete game where he’s blocking shots, playing defence,†Kane recently told Sportsnet, “which I never really did that much at that age. And he has what seems like great chemistry with (James) van Riemsdyk and (Tyler) Bozak.†Kane hopes to be the first Hawk since Stan Mikita to repeat as Art Ross winner.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Power Play

Toronto - 23.7% (1st)

Chicago - 18.8% (16th)

Penalty killing

Toronto - 83.3% (9th)

Chicago - 77.9% (25th)

SICK BAY

Toronto - D Connor Carrick (upper body)

Chicago - C Artem Anisimov (ankle)

Last edited:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
cut.jpg

As part of their centennial anniversary, the Toronto Maple Leafs will pay tribute to one of the earliest eras of their history by wearing Toronto St. Pats uniforms for their game against the Chicago Blackhawks at Air Canada Centre on March 18.

Prior to being renamed the Maple Leafs by Conn Smythe, the club was known as the St. Pats from 1919-27, winning the Stanley Cup in 1922 under that name. The franchise also won the Cup in 1918 as the Toronto Arenas.

"The Toronto Maple Leafs have a long and storied history and the St. Pats are a very important part of that history," Maple Leafs president Brendan Shanahan said. "It will be a special moment for both our team and our fans as we recognize this memorable era in Maple Leafs and Toronto hockey history."

The green-and-white commemorative uniform to be honored is inspired by the sweater worn by the St. Pats from 1922-25.

The Maple Leafs have worn commemorative St. Pats uniforms on one other occasion. On March 2, 2002, in a game against the Buffalo Sabres, they paid tribute to the 75th anniversary of the name change from St. Pats to Maple Leafs.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Thanks to Budsfan.., for a great GDT & updates.. :handclap:

Hoping we see Mitch get to goal #20.., tonight..! :nod: :yo:

stpats-cupchamps.jpg

1922 Stanley Cup Champion Toronto St. Pats

A good game for some nostalgia... A little bit of the St. Pat's years in this one..

Toronto Maple Leafs 100 Years Tribute: Century Flashback Montage - TML 2016-17 (HD)

GoLeafsGO.gif

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
The student meets the master. Hope we can pull out a win here against a top team. Would give us a lot of confidence heading into the final stretch.

Wouldn't be disappointed if we lose as long as there is a solid effort. Have a feeling Matthews will do good tonight.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Special teams:

Leafs home ........PP% 20.8% (9th rank) ........PK% 79.8% (21st rank) .... 100.6
Hawks away ...... PP% 20.6% (11th rank) ......PK% 80.2% (19th rank) .. . 100.8

Leafs with 5 shorties
Hawks with 1 shorty

MAYBE WE GET A SHORTY TONIGHT

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
if you can not win, get a point.
thanks bud for the GDT - and my weekly plea for the big CBC player link

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Can't wait.
Birthday on Monday (thought getting older sucked) but my sister won tickets to tonight and Monday's game (horseshoes I tell you). Not to mention going to Buffalo next Saturday for some friendnanigans. This birthweek is better than I thought. Still can't believe it! Hope my presence can bring some wins.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Do we stand a better chance at winning with JVR or Leivo? I'm not sure. I think maybe Leivo.

It would be great to see him get a chance on a real line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad