Confirmed Signing with Link: Leafs sign Trevor Moore to 2 year extension [$775,000 AAV]

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Next year is tight, after that it should be clear sailing.
Also if I'm Dubas I'm telling marners camp not to look at Matthews as a comparable. Big goal scoring center compared to playmaking winger. I'd wait to see what tkachuck, point, Aho, Laine, Connor all sign for and play it off of that.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Also if I'm Dubas I'm telling marners camp not to look at Matthews as a comparable. Big goal scoring center compared to playmaking winger. I'd wait to see what tkachuck, point, Aho, Laine, Connor all sign for and play it off of that.
Lol its gonna be insulting when he does 20+more points.

$$ should be based on what you bring to the table not what position you play. I have no doubt marner could play center as good as wing, why should his salary suffer from that if he’a currently the game breaker?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Cheap option in case Johnsson needs to be included in a trade for a RHD. Would rather see him replace Marleau but thats a pipe dream right now.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.

$$ should be based on what you bring to the table not what position you play. I have no doubt marner could play center as good as wing, why should his salary suffer from that if he’a currently the game breaker?

I think your grossly underappreciating those players

Laine. Will likely score back to back 40 goal seasons and it could have been his entire career if he didn't get injured in his rookie season. GM's pay more for goals then assists for obvious reasons.

Point. There's a good argument that he's better then marner. Similar point totals with more goals and plays center. Don't know how you can argue marner deserves more

Thachuk. Putting up similar numbers this year as well and has a mean streak to his game. Multi dimensional. Don't see how marner could ask for a lot more then him.

His is marners peers that will be the market. Just like when Rielly, lindholm, trouba were all RFA at the same time

Matthews comparables are Eichel and McDavid

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I think your grossly underappreciating those players

Laine. Will likely score back to back 40 goal seasons and it could have been his entire career if he didn't get injured in his rookie season. GM's pay more for goals then assists for obvious reasons.

Point. There's a good argument that he's better then marner. Similar point totals with more goals and plays center. Don't know how you can argue marner deserves more

Thachuk. Putting up similar numbers this year as well and has a mean streak to his game. Multi dimensional. Don't see how marner could ask for a lot more then him.

His is marners peers that will be the market. Just like when Rielly, lindholm, trouba were all RFA at the same time

Matthews comparables are Eichel and McDavid

I'm certain both the Matthews and Marner camps will be arguing off of contracts that already exist, rather than those that don't yet.

FelixPotvin29

Oct 21, 2012

The position you play is part of what you bring to the table

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
That's why you wait them out. Rielly signed first, then Lindholm and trouba got there contracts based off of that.

Signing earlier is more conducive to lower salary and the players can cash their enormous signing bonuses sooner. Waiting them out is a poor move for both parties.

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Signing earlier is more conducive to lower salary and the players can cash their enormous signing bonuses sooner. Waiting them out is a poor move for both parties.
Marners camp stated that they don't want to sign before Matthews and they won't sign during the regular season. So why not let the points, tkachucks, Laines be his comparbles? I'm guessing those guys won't make 10mill that marners camp is gonna be looking for.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Marners camp stated that they don't want to sign before Matthews and they won't sign during the regular season. So why not let the points, tkachucks, Laines be his comparbles? I'm guessing those guys won't make 10mill that marners camp is gonna be looking for.

I don't know what will happen, but if I were Marner and/or his agent, I would want the big July 1st bonus money. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow.

Reactions: sessiroth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad