Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign T.J. Brennan [1 yr/$600K AAV]

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

This signing: At first I was like meh, then I remember this and I say welcome aboard :laugh:

He shoots left though, does he play the right side?

He can, particularly on the PP when he's opened up for a big one-timer. He's still progressing -- confidence is a big thing for him at this level. When he's timid, he's not a strong defensive player and makes unforced turnovers. When he's not, he can contribute with the shot and he'll forearm guys off the puck.

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
If we don't sign or trade for a top-4 d-man this summer, I'd hope we give Rielly a legitimate 9 game shot to make the team, instead of just using a stop-gap like this guy or Kostka.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
If we don't sign or trade for a top-4 d-man this summer, I'd hope we give Rielly a legitimate 9 game shot to make the team, instead of just using a stop-gap like this guy or Kostka.

These guys aren't even stopgaps. They're "I hope no one gets injured because we're going to have to play one of these guys"

Penalty Kill Icing*

These guys aren't even stopgaps. They're "I hope no one gets injured because we're going to have to play one of these guys"

:laugh:

Sadly, someone will get injured and this guy is going to come in. :(

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Could be O'Byrnes, Costcos, Frasers replacement as 6/7th D? 9 points in 19 games last year. That's pretty damn good numbers too. Underrated low risk signing.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
I like this signing.

At that term their is only upside. He's still young and defence can be taught well offensive ability can't so I think it's a great move that has no downside.

sgupca

Oct 9, 2008
Halifax, NS
This is a great signing, the kid has talent. He's young, big, mobile and has a hard shot.

If Randy works on his defensive game he could easily eat top 4 mins.

IMO this was one of the best signings on the day. He's cheap with no risk and only high reward. IMO he replaces JML in the lineup.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
This is a great signing, the kid has talent. He's young, big, mobile and has a hard shot.

If Randy works on his defensive game he could easily eat top 4 mins.

IMO this was one of the best signings on the day. He's cheap with no risk and only high reward. IMO he replaces JML in the lineup.

Caryle def loves his pet projects on defense, but best signing of the day? It might be the best low risk high reward scenario, but that's about it. Surprised that leafs picked him up over Blum. His price must be higher.

sangreale

Feb 21, 2008
I swear to god, that if Nonis purchased a cappuccino five posters would be on here whining that he didn't buy a latte!

Number13

May 21, 2007
I swear to god, that if Nonis purchased a cappuccino five posters would be on here whining that he didn't buy a latte!

Yeah, but that's because cappuccinos take too long to drink, you need to consider the term of the beverage.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Don't get it. Don't need him other than marlies depth. Much rather Fraser and blacker over him.

I'm pretty sure he's for Marlies depth. I can't see Nonis actually thinking we need puck movers at the moment with Gardiner and Liles.

Brennan is intriguing but his lack of defense has me concerned. Should be an awesome player for the Marlies and maybe an injury callup or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad