Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Nicolas Mattinen to a 1 year 2-way contract for 2024-2025

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
We hear a lot of criticism about the "refrigerators" - and most of it is warranted - but, it wasn't as bad as we sometimes make it out to be.

Mattinen, Gordeev and Middleton are looking like AHLers with maybe Mattinen stepping up.

Desrocher, if I'm not mistaken, quit hockey shortly after getting drafted.

Rasanen and Greenway both had mental health issues that derailed their careers.

Nielsen was looking good, but his skating just never improved - even with some of the best skating coaches.

Overall, not good, but some bad luck in there too.

I think Hunter probably failed mostly on the personality part of drafting as opposed to just talent alone.
Here's the thing, though: How is it any different than the myriad of mighty mouse-type forwards that the other fella was mostly credited for?

Adam Brooks was a tweener, and guys like Jack Walker never even smelt SB arena. But they put up numbers in Jr, so that's cool, I guess... :thumbu::rolleyes:

Numbers projections are fun, but this team was never going to draft their own Slavin, Carlo, or Oleksiak if you don't take chances on some bigger players as well.

Reactions: Malachi Crunch

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Screenshot_20240415_174912.jpg

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Waiver exempt too, so the Marlies D is pretty set for next year unless someone really surprises.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad