Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Nick Abruzzese to a two-year ELC

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Likely a Marlies add. Don't see where he would take a spot right now on the big club. Definitely could be an opening next year though

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Just for funsies, let's make Paul Marner's head explode and ask to give him #16.....

Serious note, great to see him in the fold and getting a taste of NHL/AHL action.

Keeping him, Knies, our 1st, and Topi were my biggest concern going into the Trade Deadline. Glad he's still part of our pipeline.

I hate seeing our picks thrive somewhere else......

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Good signing, good prospect. However, I'm waiting for the Frozen Four to be completed to we can sign Knies. I believe there's a spot for him on the big club at least for a few games.
Big body and throws his weight around. There would definitely be a spot to give him a look

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
Good signing, good prospect. However, I'm waiting for the Frozen Four to be completed to we can sign Knies. I believe there's a spot for him on the big club at least for a few games.
Knies might be available on Sunday. Gophers play Western Michigan at 4p, Eastern on Sunday.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Really excited for him. Was pumped for him after the missed year last year and he had a great season. Can’t wait to see how he performs at the next level

Reactions: aingefan

riffle

Mar 17, 2022
East of Eden
A guy like Abruzzese with elite playmaking skills doesn't seem like a great fit for a bottom 6 role on this team.

An elite playmaker needs to be with guys who can put it in the net.

Curious to see if they roll him out for his first game in Boston on JT's wing. That would be a very Leafs thing to do.

Reactions: aingefan

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
They’ve actually been playing a lot more physical this last stretch and frankly being tough means squat if you’re consistently two seconds behind the play.
Totally disagree. Liljegren would have gotten mugged had Simmonds not been there last game. You can't be 2 seconds behind in a scrum. And there is 100% the deterrent factor of having tough guys on your bench. I do however agree we've looked more engaged lately. Unfortunately tough guys that can keep pace cost you Tom Wilson/ Josh Anderson money

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Congrats to Nick. I have just seen video so I don't know much abut him. Pretty slick/smart apparently, good vision and a good playmaker in addition to a goal scorer? Some web sites have him as 5'9" 163 lbs, some have him as 5'10" 174 lbs...I imagine he grew since that first number.

Probably will be a winger in the bigs.

Last edited:

Bellefour20

Jan 25, 2021
Sunshine Coast, British Columbia
This isn't someone who will be claimed off waivers is he?
raven-nervous.gif

31 GMs whenever they hear the Leafs have signed someone:
mine-finding-nemo.gif

Dubas seems to either go Soo or educated

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Wayne's spot on the 4th line. Could also be an option on the 2nd line or possibly at 4C if Spezza needs a break.
I would guess that is part of the sell. Happy to have Nick in house, good college résumé, and did not look out of place at all in the Olympics.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00