Confirmed with Link: Leafs Sign Matt Hunwick (2 years, $1.2M AAV)

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
You've irrationally hated Hunwick since preseason and now that he's being universally praised you're resorting to unreasonable claims, like he doesn't play defence at an NHL level? Are you kidding me?

Yea he's had this anti-Harrington, anti-Hunwick point of view all along.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
WoW!! I barely even gave this thread a second look when he was signed.

Now, it is unbelievable!! What a signing. Great pickup and a great player!! Signings like this make winning teams.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I don't see MB as a coach that praises simply for the sake of it (though I'm sure he understand the psychology part as well). I just think he mostly says what he thinks and believes to be true. I haven't counted and haven't watched every single presser but remember at least 3 times where he's CLEARLY stated what he thinks about Hunwick. Most recent was when a reporter was asking about why Rielly wasn't playing PP and MB says he wants to get him going on the D part of his game and improve that part of his game and thus PK gives him that aspect and the reporter followed up with how's he doing and what can he do and MB response was, yeah, he can improve his stick and his angles and some other stuff, etc etc etc, and his final comment was something to the effect that, yeah, he's just got to watch Hunwick.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Matt Hunwick's 27:23 of icetime in Buffalo led Leafs.

Babcock loves this guy and he has been playing very well for the Leafs.

He might be Leafs best and most consistent Dman on the season to date.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad