Confirmed with Link: Leafs Sign D William Lagesson (1 year, $775k) - Recalled 2023-10-27

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He has.

He keeps it simple and efficient, but I think what's endeared him to many is the bit of edge he's shown. For me, he would be staying even when Liljegren and Giordano return.
Benoit/Lagesson make a great bottom six, and come cheap. Now trade Brodie and Gio and acquire Peeke and another steady D man that doesn’t cost the moon………

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Opposing players do not like Lagesson, that tells me he is doing his job. Twice in the last 4 games, I've see players lose their shit and go after Lag with cheap shots and retribution. Perfect bottom pairing d-man, cheap, tough and can play D.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Opposing players do not like Lagesson, that tells me he is doing his job. Twice in the last 4 games, I've see players lose their shit and go after Lag with cheap shots and retribution. Perfect bottom pairing d-man, cheap, tough and can play D.

The peanut gallery on the main board doesn't like Lagesson either.

Reactions: Lilou and ULF_55

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Was listening to Overdrive just when Lagesson was called up.

Not that Noodles knows anything about Dmen but he spoke frankly and disparagingly about Lagesson's game, said he had watched him enough to see that he can't play NHL minutes.
I tucked that knowledge away and didn't have any kind of hopes for him.

He did have a rough start with the team but has gained the trust of Keefe and has proven to be a reasonable bottom pair option with a little bite.

Noodles needs to go back to only talking about goalies and goalies only.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
He sure is. When he first drew into the lineup I was just hoping he wouldn't be a detriment. Then I watched one of our D guarding against an opponent who was behind the net with puck possession, I looked to see where the open passing lane was and it was going to be a clear lane to the D-man moving up the wall. Just as i'm thinking if our D-man would just back up 4-5 feet he could close off that passing lane while still preventing the forward from bringing the puck to the front of the net. Within a half second of thinking that, our d-man does in fact back off and close that lane while still covering the man behind the net. My thought was f*** yeah!, who was that? I keyed on him afterward and came to realize his situational awareness and ability to adjust was absolutely NHL level and his D zone coverage was rarely going to be an issue. Been happy with him ever since. Now there's not much offense and he's going to lose some foot races but he's good value for what he brings.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
I’m sure Edmonton will be going after him with a 3x3 contract or something similar lol. So we’ll just have to enjoy him for cheap while we have him. Him and Benoit are great bottom pairing d-men.

Reactions: Lilou

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Has there been any talk about a suspension?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He's an easy guy to re-sign for the 7th D next year IMO

Rielly-X
McCabe-X/Liljegren
Benoit-X/Liljegren
Laggesson

Reactions: Leafidelity

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Then again, Parros probably just has to spin the wheel in his office...
1702673816265.png

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I like Lagesson. He has been great depth. And I’m happy it appears that he won’t face any further discipline cause of all the injuries.

But that was a slewfoot. If that was someone else against one of the big 4 we would all be pissed.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Stand by your man! If you don't stick up (or at least shut up) for your own players you might find them gone. As if we don't have enough problems with DOPS, our own media personalities and the refs without our own fans giving them more ammo.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Was listening to Overdrive just when Lagesson was called up.

Not that Noodles knows anything about Dmen but he spoke frankly and disparagingly about Lagesson's game, said he had watched him enough to see that he can't play NHL minutes.
I tucked that knowledge away and didn't have any kind of hopes for him.

He did have a rough start with the team but has gained the trust of Keefe and has proven to be a reasonable bottom pair option with a little bite.

Noodles needs to go back to only talking about goalies and goalies only.
Wasn’t that guy down on Liljegren as well?

I have no patience to the Toronto media talking heads. They can all go pound sand.

Lagesson has done well and he plays like a prick at times.

I like it.

Reactions: horner and arso40

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
He's been a very pleasant surprise, and has earned a long term look on the 3rd pairing in my opinion, even with everyone healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad