Leafs should perform HAKA before game.

SourGrapes

You Kids Out There
Dec 30, 2013
Mimico
This would really put us over the Oilers in the race for laughing stock of the league, if we aren't already there.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Just mentioning this sad sack of a franchise in the same sentence as the hacka is an insult to everything it represents.

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
The worst would be after the HAKA the game would start and some team like the Flyers woud end up beating the **** out of them.

Banana Squid

Sep 26, 2011
Ho Chi Minh City
The all blacks do the haka almost as a form of intimidation. They do it because ... Umm... They ... Don't suck.

The Leafs should do an interpretive dance with a song medley form the movie frozen. That would be more indicative of their success.

Banana Squid

Sep 26, 2011
Ho Chi Minh City
Cant be any less disgraceful then the haka being done period in sport.

If you've played rugby before then you wouldn't think this way. You need to understand the context to truly understand it in the first place. The haka is a team playing homage to the indigenous cultures of their home country. It is revered and respected in the sports community. It is certainly far less disgraceful then goal celebrations in soccer or touchdown gimmicks in football.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Used as a form of intimidation, yet the opposing team is supposed to just sit there. Im aware of what it is, but it has no relevance to sport.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
The AB'S perform the Haka to challenge to the teams they are playing.
It is not really meant to intimidate but is often taken that way.
It has filtered to other sports NZ play and is over used in my opinion. The AB'S are the most successful team in world sport and have performed the Haka for nearly 100 yrs.
It should stay with the AB's and the soldiers of the RNZIR.
It is definitely not a dance. It is as much as a sign of respect and prelude to expect a tough battle.
As much as I love the Leafs, this current group are no where near that level......

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
Used as a form of intimidation, yet the opposing team is supposed to just sit there. Im aware of what it is, but it has no relevance to sport.

I agree in part. It certainly has relevance to the All Blacks.
Teams should probably try and beat them more often than *****ing about the Haka.

swint

Nov 16, 2014
During my high school rugby season last year a touring team from New Zealand stayed with us for a couple of days and we got to play a match against them. They did the Haka before the game, and trust me, it is far less intimidating when it isn't being performed by 300lb Samoan dudes that look like they're about ready to rip your face from your skull.

I can imagine the Leafs attempting a Haka would look unfortunately similar to the one that I witnessed; 15 small white guys yelling and dancing in sync.

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
The all blacks do the haka almost as a form of intimidation. They do it because ... Umm... They ... Don't suck.

The Leafs should do an interpretive dance with a song medley form the movie frozen. That would be more indicative of their success.

It's a Maori war dance. When done right by the NZ All Blacks or their league team the Kiwis it is badass.

I'm pretty pissed off at these dumb smalltown Canucks in this thread insulting something they can't comprehend :shakehead

Unfortunately these hicks represent a large proportion of our fanbase.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
Can you imagine Kessel doing the haka? He'd be too winded to actually play the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad