Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens Mar. 21. Look, It's A Bird, It's A Plane, No It's The Hamburglar

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I actually know a **** load of Leaf fans that want to play spoiler tomorrow, coudln't have it any other way tho cuz that way a loss can hurt them even more.

muffin with tentacle

Jan 28, 2006
Ottawa
Yeah if I were a Leafs fan, I would absolutely rather play spoiler than continue the tank. They can't tank below EDM/ARI/BUF, so they're only tanking for the +1% lotto chance by staying behind CAR. Not a huge deal. Wouldn't they rather eliminate their provincial rival instead?

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Yeah if I were a Leafs fan, I would absolutely rather play spoiler than continue the tank. They can't tank below EDM/ARI/BUF, so they're only tanking for the +1% lotto chance by staying behind CAR. Not a huge deal. Wouldn't they rather eliminate their provincial rival instead?

The fans might be shifting from tank to spoil, but the players have never played to lose, they just lose. They are pros, their contracts and livelihoods depend on statistics, not McDavid. So as much as we might perceive greater motivation to win amongst leaf fans, I can't expect that the players will be any more or less motivated on Saturday than they have been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad