Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens Mar. 21. Look, It's A Bird, It's A Plane, No It's The Hamburglar

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Hard to believe January 21st we beat the Leafs to go over .500 on the season and passed the Leafs in the standings. Two months later and we are 2 pts out of the playoffs and the Leafs are 21 points behind us!!!

In two months!

That was the game I started to have some hope for this season. The tank talk pissed me off. We had started playing better under Cameron but were still losing 1 goal games. I could not have expected this streak but I sure thought we were a ton better then being in the tank race.

Anyway exactly 2 months later and what a story of two teams. Both fire their coach. Since the All-Star break we have to be the best (or close with Minny and Rangers) team in the league. The Leafs since then have to be the worst team in the league. Worse then even Buffalo, Edmonton and Arizona. They have fallen apart.

It is unbelievable what has happened to both teams since then.

I hope we just play like we have been for a long time and just hammer the Leafs. If the Leafs are just broken I don't think a game vs Ottawa is anything for them to get up about.

We need to just pound the Leafs. Give them no life or hope or confidence.

I have a bad feeling about this game if we play them close or let them hang around with us until the third.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Huge game.

I have confidence the team will not assume any game is an easy win and will show up to play a solid 60 minutes.

They have today to let the emotions of winning last night dissipate.

Go sens.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
This team showed up in the clutch yesterday, won a game with the pressure on, didn't have a single passenger on the team they had to carry, and are playing solid fundamental hockey. With a good defensive effort, I have faith that this team won't make the same mistakes we've made versus the Leafs in the past.

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Just win.. can't afford to lose these Toronto games. Should be an easy 4 points down the stretch.

Here's hoping for no Déjà vu.. the Sens are by far superior right now. Hoping for a blowout.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
On the bright side, the Leafs roster is a bunch of kids at this point.
On the down side, the Leafs roster is a bunch of kids who might have something to prove.

BigBush*

Gonna be firing up the grill before the game to make some amazingly delicious homemade burgers. If anyone has a killer recipe for burgers let me know and I'll try it out

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
On the bright side, the Leafs roster is a bunch of kids at this point.
On the down side, the Leafs roster is a bunch of kids who might have something to prove.

I unfortunately will have to say the second option is more likely. Look at buffalo. Yes leafs and sabres are different teams etc but they wanted those wins against Washington and buffalo badly. The leafs would LOVE to beat ottawa and what kid wouldn't wanna be the one to beat ottawa and be loved by the city.. now will ottawa lose? Probably not but with young kids they won't roll over

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I'm surprised at the number of Leaf fans admitting they are rooting for us tomorrow.

If the roles were reversed, I would want to play the spoiler so very badly.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm surprised at the number of Leaf fans admitting they are rooting for us tomorrow.

Well, they've been losing for a while now. It's pretty ingrained at this point.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

Most of the Leaf fans at this point are fully on board the tank train.
There's a few that are going to want to be cheering that they're the ones who spoil our playoff hopes (since we have what... 3 games left against them to the end of the season?) In theory that's 6 points we should have in the bank.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
They're jelling at the right time and the team leadership is shining through. Of course they have been getting other worldly goal tending but that may be coming back to earth, after all that cant last-can it?

Anyway they have to bear down, the Leafs may try to get back some pride by being a roadblock in their drive to the playoffs and also may try to injure players-like Bells hit on Alfie just before the playoffs.

Go Sens Go and keep your heads up.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Most of the Leaf fans at this point are fully on board the tank train.
There's a few that are going to want to be cheering that they're the ones who spoil our playoff hopes (since we have what... 3 games left against them to the end of the season?) In theory that's 6 points we should have in the bank.

I guess the rivalry just isn't as strong as it used to be.

I expect the game to be lacking emotion and one-sided favouring the Senators. Only Bernier/Reimer can keep it close.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Hard to believe January 21st we beat the Leafs to go over .500 on the season and passed the Leafs in the standings. Two months later and we are 2 pts out of the playoffs and the Leafs are 21 points behind us!!!

In two months!

That was the game I started to have some hope for this season. The tank talk pissed me off. We had started playing better under Cameron but were still losing 1 goal games. I could not have expected this streak but I sure thought we were a ton better then being in the tank race.

Anyway exactly 2 months later and what a story of two teams. Both fire their coach. Since the All-Star break we have to be the best (or close with Minny and Rangers) team in the league. The Leafs since then have to be the worst team in the league. Worse then even Buffalo, Edmonton and Arizona. They have fallen apart.

It is unbelievable what has happened to both teams since then.

I hope we just play like we have been for a long time and just hammer the Leafs. If the Leafs are just broken I don't think a game vs Ottawa is anything for them to get up about.

We need to just pound the Leafs. Give them no life or hope or confidence.

I have a bad feeling about this game if we play them close or let them hang around with us until the third.

I have a new promotion idea. For any idiot Leaf fan stupid enough to show up in Ottawa on Saturday, they will be have the opportunity to embarrass themselves further by wearing a paper bag over their head. $5 each and all proceeds go to Ottawa Food Bank! Win-win situation. Laff fan get to watch the Sens smack them around a lot while these jackals get a chance to help the less fortunate.

Unfortunately they won't have an opportunity to help their sad-sacked team but next Saturday at home they can finally watch a real team like the Sens play! ;)

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
These are going to be tough games and likely very close.

Do not overlook them.

I mean, this is a team that recently had one goal victories over both Buffalo and Carolina, so no games are easy.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Would winning this one feel better than winning a against the bruins last night?

Last edited:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Looking at our remaining games...
vs Toronto
vs San Jose
vs NY Rangers
@ Toronto
vs Florida (b2b)
@ Detroit
vs Tampa
vs Washington
@ Toronto (b2b)

Basically every game in there other than against Toronto is fighting for their playoff/wildcard spot. NYR and TBL might be letting off the gas a little since they know they're in and not much push for position.

So yeah, we HAVE to win all the Toronto games remaining... hope we can continue our luck against the Pacific this year... and then maybe get lucky on NYR and TBL.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
No Kadri, the repeat offender is suspended. That helps.

I could see this one going like the Sabres game, we get down 1-2 goals, and come back in the second/third.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
no gryba please, thats the only change i want in the lineup

also to set the tone early have to start the pageau line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad