Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens April 12th - Last Game of The Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Never been a member of tank nation, until we get mathematically eliminated. Now please keep it up boys, lose lose lose!

Think of it this way: we weren't getting past the 1st round anyways, at least now we'll have a top 10 pick.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Was at practice today cause they were at my university, which was cool. Nice break during studying to say the least.

I dont know why Phil gets labelled as "Lazy", this was the last practice of the year and he was probably the hardest working guy out there. He was trying hard all practice.

Clarkson was awful. This guy just cant skate. Not even in practice.

Kadri had the coaching staff in his ear all practice. Barely remember him not being talked to.

Orr had a dirty snipe on Reimer which made the place go nuts.

Phil and Dion had some battles during practice. Not sure if theres something happening there or what, cause they were pretty rough on each other in the 1 on 1s, taking whacks and crosschecks like crazy. Spent a lot of time yapping at each other at center ice before the last drill of the practice. Dont mean to speculate anything here. Just saying what I saw.

Anyway, took a lot of pics and some videos. Heres one video, Kessel v. Gleason in 1 on 1s. Ends with a dirty Kessel snipe. Sorry for the quality. Had to have it zoomed in alot..

This was at Carleton?

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
If they play Reimer we probably win , 1 each for Bozo and Raymond and we have 6 guys with 20 or better and 4 guys with 50 points or better , D Mac plays we lose but raymond anbd Bozo still score , this is Pejorative Slured , better be more than just the head coach out the door Sunday morning , better be the whole staff .Thats the clean sweep this team needs not player shuffles , no point bringing any more top guns in to sink their careers .

e84*

Never been a member of tank nation, until we get mathematically eliminated. Now please keep it up boys, lose lose lose!

Think of it this way: we weren't getting past the 1st round anyways, at least now we'll have a top 10 pick.

How are the top 10 in this year's draft looking? Anyone care to answer.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Nice. Go Jets!

I don't think the Jets can pass us. We would both have 84 points (if we lose to Ottawa) and we have more wins. The best (or worst we can do) is 8th, if We lose and Vancouver beats Edmonton and Calgary.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't think the Jets can pass us. We would both have 84 points (if we lose to Ottawa) and we have more wins. The best (or worst we can do) is 8th, if We lose and Vancouver beats Edmonton and Calgary.

Wins are not a tiebreaker. Regulation or overtime wins are.

Winnipeg with a win in regulation or OT combined with a Leafs loss tomorrow night in regulation means that the Leafs cannot draft worse than 8th.

If Vancouver picks up 3 points from Edmonton and Calgary (very doable) we pick 7th and have an outside shot at Dal Colle.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

nope ,if the jets earn a ROW and we lose then it goes to the 2nd tie breaker and damned if I know who holds that hammer.

gut tells me that the peg has the 2nd tie breaker on us.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
nope ,if the jets earn a ROW and we lose then it goes to the 2nd tie breaker and damned if I know who holds that hammer.

gut tells me that the peg has the 2nd tie breaker on us.

If the Jets win and we lose then our ROW wins are tied. We hold the games won tie breaker.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
If the Jets win and we lose then our ROW wins are tied. We hold the games won tie breaker.

Go to nhl.com and read the tie breaker. Rules have changed for at least 3 years now..

Wins are not a tiebreaker because they include shoot out wins. ROW is a tie breaker.

Winnipeg will get 29 ROW if they win tonight and have the season series against us...hence we pick above them if we lose tomorrow in regulation.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Go to nhl.com and read the tie breaker. Rules have changed for at least 3 years now..

Wins are not a tiebreaker because they include shoot out wins. ROW is a tie breaker.

Winnipeg will get 29 ROW if they win tonight and have the season series against us...hence we pick above them if we lose tomorrow in regulation.

Well then even better. We get 7th overall. Can we move up to 3?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
You guys care about a draft pick way too much. Drafting is important for sure, but I don't give a **** where they draft. Makes no difference to me. You can get a good player at 7 or at 10 or at 15. Who cares? You can get a guy at 13 who is better than some guy who was drafted in the top 10. Why should be excited about a high pick? We have a lot of high picks on our team (I realize that not all of them are ours) and where is our team right now?

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
You guys care about a draft pick way too much. Drafting is important for sure, but I don't give a **** where they draft. Makes no difference to me. You can get a good player at 7 or at 10 or at 15. Who cares? You can get a guy at 13 who is better than some guy who was drafted in the top 10. Why should be excited about a high pick? We have a lot of high picks on our team (I realize that not all of them are ours) and where is our team right now?

Can you tell the difference between Kadri and Ekman-Larsson? Because they were drafted 1 spot apart, with one single win being the difference in draft position.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Well then even better. We get 7th overall. Can we move up to 3?

We can move up to #1 if we win the lottery. NJ won the lottery at #8 and picked Larsson but at that time you could only move up 4 spots.

Now, you can jump all the way up.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Can you tell the difference between Kadri and Ekman-Larsson? Because they were drafted 1 spot apart, with one single win being the difference in draft position.

Luke Schenn --> 5th overall. Leafs traded up to get him.

Alex Pietrangelo --> 4th overall.

Talk about a huge difference.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Sorry boys, we started the tank powers earlier then you guys this time around :P

JMcLeaf

Sorry boys, we started the tank powers earlier then you guys this time around :P

get out of the way!

flying_tank.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad