Post-Game Talk: Leafs score 2 goals (Who cares about what sens scored)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Liljegren, Dermott, Matthews and Nylander the only positives for me tonight.

-Rielly's wrist shots still can't get through to the net (Gards needs to teach the entire D-core)

- Leivo's skating doesn't look like it improved

- Brown given his ice-time and line mates played okay

Rielly - Hainsey pairing needs a lot of work

and

Refs how many penalties did you call? Someone on the GDT post said double digits....

please drop the damn puck already.......

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Matthews and Nylander were great tonight, the rest meh, McElhinney terrible. Preseason stuff, move along.

APV

Sep 28, 2009
Going by the first game, I like dermott and rosen as the 5 and 6 D.

iBlaze81

Jan 18, 2010
Matthews/Willy/Hyman/Lilly/Rosen positives

everyone else meh... pre-season

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Hyman ++ - Decent Hyman-like effort.
Matthews ++++ - Consistent threat.
Nylander ++++ - Same. Nice to see him work as hard as he did second half last year. It's becoming a habit.
Kapanen +++ - One of the more noticeable forwards, even though he didn't get much for it.
Mueller - Who cares, he's not real anyway.
Soshnikov + - Tentative, ineffective. Not surprising coming back from a concussion.
Martin + - Tried to do too much, didn't really do much good anywhere.
Moore + - I've been saying he's not what he once was, but he's better than this. Not NHL-level tonight.
Fehr + - Like Moore, but worse. Looked like a poor mans Martin.
Leivo ++ - No sign of skating improvement from summer. Very meh effort.
Aaltonen ++ - Rather meh. Good effort, can skate. Lost the puck easily, the game looked too fast for him.
Brown + - Honestly, one of the worst games I've seen from Brown.

Rielly ++ - Got better, but this wasn't good.
Hainsey ++ - Not a very good effort at all.
Dermott ++++ - Kid looks like a top four defensemen.
Liljegren ++ - Flashes of greatness, flashes of two years development needed. Probably ends up in between.
Rosen +++ - Weak start, good last 40 minutes. Toolsy.
Carrick ++ - Needs to play better, or he might lose his spot.

Sparks + - Looked extremely uncomfortable to me.
McElhinney + - Veteran presence, solid guy, allergic to pucks.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Dermott should make this team.
He's a better player right now than anyone outside of Rielly, Gardiner or Zaitsev.
He's basically the perfect second pairing young guy with first pairing upside.
Can skate, moves the puck effectively, very good decision making, sound positionally and will take the body when necessary. It's understandable why hes been underrated but this kid is really friggin good. Wont wow you like some of the star offensive D prospects but is insanely solid all around somewhat similar to MA Vlasic (not saying he will be as good).

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Sad game but honestly our best players were the guys who were important to the team, and they were dominant. Our weaker players cost us this game and that's an easy pill to swallow

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Okay what the actual hell did hyman do to garner praise tonight? Objectively? lay it out. He was terrible today, and no I wasn't just looking at it from a confirmation bias perspective.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Okay what the actual hell did hyman do to garner praise tonight? Objectively? lay it out. He was terrible today, and no I wasn't just looking at it from a confirmation bias perspective.

He worked hard as usual but his effectiveness is still lousy. Get him off the first line

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Sad game but honestly our best players were the guys who were important to the team, and they were dominant. Our weaker players cost us this game and that's an easy pill to swallow

Rielly, Hainsey and Carrick were few of the guys that were on the ice looking clueless while Ottawa D-men had structure

APV

Sep 28, 2009
Nylander ++++ - Same. Nice to see him work as hard as he did second half last year. It's becoming a habit.
Kapanen +++ - One of the more noticeable forwards, even though he didn't get much for it.
Soshnikov + - Tentative, ineffective. Not surprising coming back from a concussion.
Moore + - I've been saying he's not what he once was, but he's better than this. Not NHL-level tonight.
Aaltonen ++ - Rather meh. Good effort, can skate. Lost the puck easily, the game looked too fast for him.

Liljegren ++ - Flashes of greatness, flashes of two years development needed. Probably ends up in between.

Pretty much bang on in my opinion, although I didnt feel like I saw alot from Kapanen.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Rielly, Hainsey and Carrick were few of the guys that were on the ice looking clueless while Ottawa D-men had structure

Hainsey and Carrick are not important players in the slightest going forward, nor are our goalies. I'd also probably give Rielly the benefit of the doubt but I agree he was weak

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad

How did you watch the game?

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
3 things

1. The kids are sick
2. Hyman needs to out or 4th line
3. Find a backup goalie. Mcloser is a joke

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007

Well there was that one play where Matthews got the puck out front to him and instead of touching it he left it and let Nylander have it.

That was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad