GDT: Leafs @ Sabres II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Babcock blew it tonight with the 4th line being put out after our second goal. What's the saying. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Shame on Babcock.

so if Babcock put Kadri's line on and Komarov did that dumb penalty and Buffalo scored is it still Shame on Babcock?

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
We get FLA on the back side of a back to back, they are in BUF Monday. So hopefully that works in our favour. Boys should be jumpin.

This was a dud, probably not so surprising. Best part was no Romanuk lol Worst part, Andersen injury :-(

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
If you guys seriously think that just because Babs played the 4th line is the reason we lost, then I don't know what to tell you.

Right after the Matthews goal he puts on Smith, gets scored on.

Next PK, Smith is the C. Loses draw, gets scored on. Game pretty much done there.

You can't win playing Ben Smith as much as your stars at 5 on 5. Even if its ****** buffalo

Oh well. Babs will learn.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
If you guys seriously think that just because Babs played the 4th line is the reason we lost, then I don't know what to tell you.

He put them out after a goal, and they got scored on immediately.

He then put them out again after another tying goal, and Martin took a dumb penalty which lead to a goal.

They have seen a regular shift since then even though the Leafs were behind 2 and needed to score.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
True, Id rather play The Sens, over any team in The Metro.

We still have the best odds for the division as well. Game in hand. Just have to keep bouncing back which I'm sure the Leafs will do.

If they play like this on Tuesday, fans have a right to be upset. Tonight was a classic letdown. Tired team, played a bunch of tough physical games. They aren't robots. They will get tired and lose a couple games here and there. The key is...don't lose in a heap. Which we haven't done so far this season.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Kadri's line has legitimately been very good all game. After two they were the only line positive possession and they were at something like 65% CF%

They really deserve some props, compared to the rest of this team

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
so if Babcock put Kadri's line on and Komarov did that dumb penalty and Buffalo scored is it still Shame on Babcock?

Nope, it's a different line. At least you can say he tried to make an adjustment.

Them scoring again right after we tied it sucked the life out of us.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
the only thing that matters right now is how bad Andersens injury is

While that's important, we can win with Garret Sparks in net as well. He's got a .923 SV where the league average is .915.

Losing Andersen might cost us in the playoffs, but I am more than confident that they will make the playoffs.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
If you can't see how blatantly illogical it is to compare a RESTED team versus a team who has played 5 games in 8 nights, then I think you should pick a different sport to watch.

you are missing the point here. Its not about the score or the outcome of the game. It is about playing the game.

All smart teams adjust their style if they are tired.

I wonder if Babcock would use the same excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad