GDT: Leafs @ Sabres - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I'm sure the team from Buffalo will show up, but will the team from Toronto bother to make an appearance?

With a real team, they'd want to avenge that bad loss last game against this non-playoff team from Buffalo. However, is there any team pride at all?

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I'm sure the team from Buffalo will show up, but will the team from Toronto bother to make an appearance?

With a real team, they'd want to avenge that bad loss last game against this non-playoff team from Buffalo. However, is there any team pride at all?
I think the Leafs will go on a nice streak to end the season and play havoc with the Atlantic division seeding. I bet the top three in the division isn't decided until the last couple games of the season.

CuuuJooo

May 28, 2021
We always seem to play like crap in Buffalo. Here’s to ending that streak.

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
We always seem to play like crap in Buffalo. Here’s to ending that streak.
Leafs don't match up well vs Buffalo. The leafs are better off playing a 'better' team with more experience that plays a solid 'system'....rather than playing very young (but very talented, if it is raw talent) teams with a high ceiling that hasn't been realized yet. The Leafs match up better vs teams with the style of Boston, Rangers, St. Louis...rather than high flying (potentially) young teams like Buffalo, Ottawa, New Jersey, etc.

With that said, Buffalo played last night on the 2nd night of a back to back, vs a rested Leafs team. Toronto should take this one.

Reactions: arso40

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
With the injuries late in the year I'm happy the depth guys are assuming bigger roles and being relied on more. Having them hit the playoffs full of confidence is important big picture. This scenario playing out right now might be an advantage when we get healthy.

Reactions: aingefan and Jojalu

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
They stepped up against Washington after Keefe's comments, so expect them to resort back to "casual mode" tonight.
Either they get a nice lead & stop playing (or at least defending) or they're just crap throughout.

Here's hoping I'm wrong but these guys really seem to need motivation to play their best and I don't see a game in Buffalo qualifying.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-03-30-11-52-08~2.png

Sammy gets the net. Wonder what our blue line will look like. Last game 3 regulars were out for various reasons. Keefe said Liljegren is out for a bit.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
He means the previous game in Buffalo where they lost 9-3.
I suppose. Do players really maintain that long of a memory? I always assume that players play a game and largely put it behind them. I can sort of see it lingering for a week or two, but that game was over 3 months ago.

Reactions: authentic

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
This team needs to start beating bad teams, and nobody has been worse the last decade than The Sad Sack Sabres
Again with this narrative. The last time the Leafs lost to a "bad" team was Feb 10 against Ottawa and before that December 29 against Columbus. The reality is that the Leafs have pretty easily beaten most bad teams this season.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Happy Easter Weekend to all those who still believe in the Zombie Jesus.

Buffalo played last night , expecting an easy win. Matthews is still on 60 watch he is really missing Marner it seems.

Matthews has more goals and far more points since Marner got injured than he did for 7 games before Marner got hurt.

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
Mixed day of match ups. Of course you'd want cats and bolts to lose but the if they win it helps the magic number to clinch a spot but i guess that is going to happen so...go wings and NYI ?

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
This team needs to start beating bad teams, and nobody has been worse the last decade than The Sad Sack Sabres
Teams that are currently in playoff positions that have lost to the Sabres this season:

Tampa Bay (2)
Colorado
Toronto (2)
Philadelphia
NY Rangers
Boston
Vegas (2)
Los Angeles (2)
Carolina
Edmonton

While the 9-3 win over the Leafs is the most goals the Sabres have scored in a game this year, their largest margin of victory is their 7-0 drubbing of the Kings.

Reactions: slozo and BTP

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Again with this narrative. The last time the Leafs lost to a "bad" team was Feb 10 against Ottawa and before that December 29 against Columbus. The reality is that the Leafs have pretty easily beaten most bad teams this season.

Not four days ago against the 21st place Devils?

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Mixed day of match ups. Of course you'd want cats and bolts to lose but the if they win it helps the magic number to clinch a spot but i guess that is going to happen so...go wings and NYI ?
I think Detroit and Washington will both win today. Desperate games for both teams, and mostly nothing games for Florida and Boston. On the other hand, I would be shocked if Tampa lost at home to the Islanders. I could see that one not being close at all.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Not four days ago against the 21st place Devils?
It depends on how you define a bad team. If you define it as being in the bottom third of the league, then the Devils don't make the cut. And, in fact, as the 22nd place club, Buffalo is barely in the bottom third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad