GDT: Leafs@Sabres 7PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I think it will be hard to spot people on the ice that care for both teams.

Holidays coming soon for both. They must be excited!

member 262271

Can someone please tell Nylander to stop trying to pick the corner? The guy is skating great and generating some great shooting opportunities but whistles them over the net EVERY.SINGLE.TIME. Pull a Matthews and decide maybe try to start sending a bullet once and a while along the ice through the five hole. Or even go for the pads to create a rebound. But right now I have no confidence in him not putting it over the net as long as he continues to only shoot high.
I'd hate to compare the two, but it's the new Phaneuf missing the net, I just expect it at this point.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Team still sick, Sparks in net, second half of a back to back, and against a team that doesn't want the season series swept.

Yeah, we'll probably win. If only because everything points to them losing.

member 262271

What I try to keep in perspective is this team is still very young. The playoff format doesn't do the Leafs any favours, so they're going to have to try to pull off the upset in Boston. For their current play though, I'm very very concerned. It's either a hell of a flu or the boys are regressing a lot. Either way, I hope they win.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
What I try to keep in perspective is this team is still very young. The playoff format doesn't do the Leafs any favours, so they're going to have to try to pull off the upset in Boston. For their current play though, I'm very very concerned. It's either a hell of a flu or the boys are regressing a lot. Either way, I hope they win.

This has been a disappointing season to me. Only thing that can salvage this is a series win. There have been some individual career highs, but as a team, I can't say they have improved at all. They very likely don't even get to last season's point total, and still far away from home ice advantage in the first round. Lots of work to be done in the summer.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Babcock mentioned that Nylander was "a little bit sick yesterday." Willie not among the #Leafs (Marleau, Hyman, Marner) made available to us this morning despite playing against brother for just second time in the NHL.

Leafs still have the flu I see.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Anybody else starting to worry that Nylander may not score another goal this season ??, this playoffs ??? or as a Leaf again ???

There it is, Willie should score as early as tonight.

I don't know what he's thinking, he has a good shot(or did) he just needs to start putting them on net, I appreciate trying to pick a corner but when you miss the net every time and you haven't scored like at all, just start throwing them on net. Rielly lobs questionable shots on net all the time but look at where he is right now, its still a much better strategy in the long run than never testing the goalie.

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad