TSN: Leafs recall Joe Colborne

Bernier the Boats

Formerly BBurke
Aug 31, 2011
If you play him, don't play him on the 4th line. If he isn't put into a position where he can succeed I'd rather him in the press box.

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
Top 9 NHL position>Playing for Marlies top 6>Playing NHL 4th line>Press Box
He has been with the Marlies all season. Practicing with the team for a week or two and playing 9-10 minutes on the 4th line is a good change of pace and learning opportunity. He also makes almost 10x as much money during this time as well. This is a good experience for the kid.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
If you play him, don't play him on the 4th line. If he isn't put into a position where he can succeed I'd rather him in the press box.

Seemed to work ok for Getzlaf and Perry during the Ducks playoff run. Jus sayin.

Is it ideal, ofcourse not, but it's not a ridiculous proposition as some make it out to be.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Seemed to work ok for Getzlaf and Perry during the Ducks playoff run. Jus sayin.

Is it ideal, ofcourse not, but it's not a ridiculous proposition as some make it out to be.

wat? Those guys didn't play on the fourth line

The year before they won the cup Getz and Perry played 4th line minutes.

Randy was on the radio a couple weeks ago and discussed this

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
This market isn't conductive to that. Put the kid in a position to succeed.

So depending on what type of market you conduct business in, it should change your philosophy on how to run a team?

tumblr_l2xy3u8gV41qc073co1_400.gif

Carlyle will do what he thinks is best for the team right now regardless of what market he's in.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I'd love to see Colborne get some time. Even if it is with Orr and McLaren. They can free up some space for him with a good forecheck. It seemed to help Kadri a bit when Orr was banging for him and Mac.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
This market isn't conductive to that. Put the kid in a position to succeed.

I'd say our market is a huge mix of patient and impatient. With so many vocal, varying opinions there is no need to consider our opinion when developing depth forwards. Goalies can be different, as they aren't one of 12 at their position.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
We need to see what we have...

Either Grabo or Bozak will be gone soon,it is inevitable, unless the playoffs say otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad