Confirmed with Link: Leafs Re-Sign Richard Panik (1 Year, .975M)

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Would've targeted a cheap long term contract.

mikebel111*

nice signing, another great move by Leafs including the Kessel trade which was also good

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
What does this have to do with the Kessel trade though?

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I really liked him. Tough and played a rather rough game (in todays NHL) but also had some nice skills he showed at times. Think Babcock will help him take a step forward.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
I really like this signing, he can show even better play than he showed last year, even though I really liked him last year. Hopefully we can develop him in true top9 player, maybe even top6 player, he looked like top9 player last year few times.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Glad to see him back. Give him some ice and let's see him kick it up a notch. He really looks like with some top 6 minutes that he will flourish.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Low risk re-sign. Easy to do.

Hopefully he comes prepared for training camp. He needs to find some form of consistency. Last year he'd be fantastic one period and then completely disappear. He'll be in line to play a lot of minutes if he works for them.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I love Panik. He'll be the kind of player that'll excel anywhere in the line up. He's a Babcock player, that's for sure. I'd say he plays Top 6 minutes all season and gets about 15 (respectively) on this bad team and plays hard every shift. I want to see him punch Brendan Smith some more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad