Pre-Game Talk: leafs @ RANGERS Friday 1/13 7:00pm EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
AV usually is good to let players back in the lineup after full participation in one team practice.

i thought it was multiple practices but hopefully you are right...

although i wouldn't be surprised if zib needs a bit longer, he's been out for awhile

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If they were all back next week against Dallas I'd be thrilled.

Buch should be back tomorrow they may want to hold Nash out of a back to back right now.

Zibanejad looks like just a matter of conditioning.

Man getting an entire top 6 line back? Crazy

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Any beat guy gonna tweet out lines? Have not played in forever and I would think they have to be having some line rushes with getting guys back. Come on beaters, do your job

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
They won't break up Stepan line with how hot they've been

When they're all back I'd love to see

Nash Zibanejad Buchnevich
Kreider Stepan Zucc
Vesey Hayes Miller
Grabner Pirri/Lindberg Fast

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Seriously awesome that we're getting two Top 6 players back. Zibanejad likely back on Tuesday against the Stars, I would think.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
They won't break up Stepan line with how hot they've been

When they're all back I'd love to see

Nash Zibanejad Buchnevich
Kreider Stepan Zucc
Vesey Hayes Miller
Grabner Pirri/Lindberg Fast

Flip Vesey and Grabner,

Nash Zib Buch
Kreider Stepan Zucc
Grabner Hayes Miller
Vesey Pirri Fast

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Bring him on again

Babcock says McElhinney will play Friday vs NYR or Saturday in Ottawa, he just hadn't decided

Read something similar on the Leafs thread. How ironic would that be. Reason for McElhinney being discarded by the Jackets was because of his collapse vs us. Now in his first game with his new team, you'd think he would want to impress even more than normal. And who would be staring at him again? His worst nightmare...the New York stinking Rangers? Too funny as you can't make **** like this up.

One would think Babcock is aware of this. I'm not saying he'd be scared to start McElhinney but I'm betting Babcock will start Anderson vs us and play McIlhinney vs Ottawa Saturday night as they also have a back to back like us. That would be something tho if McI was in net. Imagine if he gave up 6-7 goals? He would be scarred for life....lol

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Take Pirri out, roll a 40-24-19 line. 24 has earned a spot over 73 IMO right now.

Can see it either way, I think that could be a game by game thing. With Zib back, Lingberg isn't needed as a PK'er, and Pirri still has value as a PP threat.

However, Grabner shouldn't be on the 4th line.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Pirri slotted properly where he belongs and opening up space for Zibanejad while also thus getting room for himself (big reason he's struggled is no threat on opposite side) to me is more valuable than Lindberg on the fourth line.

Lindberg would sit for me but Pirri has to perform or he'd be sitting quickly.

Hrivik has no place on this team when our guys are healthy I'm not sure why this was even up for debate. Puempel is a better player too he'd be ahead of him as well if healthy.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Pirri slotted properly where he belongs and opening up space for Zibanejad while also thus getting room for himself (big reason he's struggled is no threat on opposite side) to me is more valuable than Lindberg on the fourth line.

Lindberg would sit for me but Pirri has to perform or he'd be sitting quickly.

Hrivik has no place on this team when our guys are healthy I'm not sure why this was even up for debate. Puempel is a better player too he'd be ahead of him as well if healthy.

That's a huge if.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Been Jonesing for days now. I need my fix, I need my fix! Did anyone else go through withdrawals? I'm pretty serious though. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad