Prospect Info: Leafs Prospect Camp: July 7-11

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Dominic Toninato has looked really good this camp.

A couple more years in college, it looks like he will grow into his body a little more and the Leafs could find themselves with a steal.

Yes, he looks thicker this year. He needed some filling out, good to see. This one is a Morrison pick through and through.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
William Nylander, Dominic Toninato, Matt Rupert and Viktor Loov impressed me the most from that game.

Kyle93

Mar 30, 2012
Holy **** I'm so excited for Nylander, love how he always goes for loose pucks(we deff lack that), such a great skater, and just how ****ing skilled he is ugghhhhhh.

mikebel111*

watching Nylander's interview, and honestly where does this attitude problems come from? It's all a bunch of garbage IMO

You can tell he has swagger and confidence, and in this market, a player needs that. This is why guys like Kadri, Nylander and Rielly are perfect for this market.

Nylander is so cool throughout with the media and seems to act like it's no big deal. I love it! You can tell he loves the attention.

absolutely amazing skill, think of him as a much faster Kadri. Kadri likes to slow things down, while Nylander likes to make things at top speed but can also slow it down when he wants too.

Amazing prospect

Tyler Biggs*

BsHAybtCIAEdJkX.jpg:large

Cripes, Gauthier is a monster.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Nylander obviously the most talented and dynamic player out there. Everyother player looks like they are in house league or something

Great for the organization - every prospect on the ice now knows what a great player looks like - must push their work ethic even higher.

Tyler Biggs*

Sometimes I wonder if people watch the same games I watch.

Also, those that say the Leafs can't compete haven't noticed how close they have come to over-coming odds stacked against them. Does it mean we're winning a Cup this year? No. Does it mean we'll win it next year? No. It means we're working toward something better with a young squad (Robidas being the exception). We have to remember that Toronto is the most difficult market to play in based not just on fan expectations and media, but also with the rich hockey history here.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Things I'm thinking while watching the Prospects scrimmage in 6 mins:

1. Loov is a great skater, and he looks confident with the puck.
2. Nylander looks like he wants EVERY puck. He sees a loose puck, and he wants to get it.
3. Toninato has pretty good hands, and a decent shot.
4. Nylander just looks like he's better than everybody else on the ice
5. Valiev looks smooth out there. He's probably going to be a guy to watch
6. Not a fan of Joshua's game.

Tyler Biggs*

Toronto Maple Leafs’ Frederik Gauthier redefining expectations with scoring touch at prospects camp:

TORONTO — Part of Frederik Gauthier was insulted. Maybe even a little angry.

Here he was, a first-round pick, and a year ago at the NHL Entry Draft the Toronto Maple Leafs were proclaiming that they had found their future No. 3 centre. Perhaps the team was purposely playing it safe and setting the bar low. But for someone who was selected 21st overall, it was not exactly a huge show of faith.

After all, first-round players are expected to be scorers — not role players.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014...tations-with-scoring-touch-at-prospects-camp/

Last edited by a moderator:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Toronto Maple Leafs’ Frederik Gauthier redefining expectations with scoring touch at prospects camp:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2014...tations-with-scoring-touch-at-prospects-camp/

“I think all of us want to see him improve his offensive upside, not just settling into a defensive zone, but pushing himself offensively,†said Leafs assistant coach Steve Spott. “He’s a big man and he’s getting stronger and he’s getting quicker as he grows more into his body.

“I think now we can push him a little bit more offensively on the puck side as well.â€

Is Spott a hater?

Maybe he's just more mature about evaluating prospects.

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
Anyone have anything to say about Nylander from a grit perspective? Obviously it'll come as he gets older and physically matures, but it'd be encouraging to hear that he is already able to hold his own in the corners/not get knocked off the puck easily at this age.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Anyone have anything to say about Nylander from a grit perspective? Obviously it'll come as he gets older and physically matures, but it'd be encouraging to hear that he is already able to hold his own in the corners/not get knocked off the puck easily at this age.

While he won't be throwing the hits like Kadri does, he certainly doesn't get knocked off the puck easily

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Nylander was a steal. Top 3 overall quality. Was ecstatic when we selected him and still am.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad