OT: Leafs Playoff Beards (or lack of)

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Anyone else notice a lot of the Leafs bucking the trend of playoff beards for Movember/Ron Jeremy-esque dusters?

I know the team has a few baby faced Kaberles on it, but hockey players for the most part are rooted in tradition. Kinda takes away from the traditional interviews, no? Is this a TML thing or is it happening league wide?

(Thought I'd bring some levity before the big game tmrw).

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
That's what you get for being one of the youngest teams in the league. I think they realize they'd rather not embarrass themselves with their patches of fluff.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
I'm attributing all home losses that the horrendous victory song ("The Whip") and all away losses to the lack of playoff beards.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
I'm attributing all home losses that the horrendous victory song ("The Whip") and all away losses to the lack of playoff beards.

Sound logic.

This is where we'd miss Mike Brown, as well.
Brown wouldn't let Flowzak grow the pencil 'stache.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I think they are all growing beards. They just can't grow them properly :laugh:

....Especially Bozak.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Honestly, if you can't grow a beard yourself, paint one on or get a really good, expensive face wig.

I'd rather have them paint facial hair. Then again, I've been shaving since I was 14, so it's hard to fathom how these guys can have trouble growing a beard.

MrLegend28*

both times ive had to shave because my beards gotten annoying, the leafs have won, so i'll be shaving what little i got tomorrow

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I've been growing one, my girlfriend and everyone actually loves it, my boss has definitely hinted that if the leafs are gone he hopes my beard is too :laugh:

GrabsOverHabs

Apr 7, 2013
I'm glad the Leafs forced a game 6. My beard is just getting out of the 'that scrub looks like he's too lazy to shave' phase and reaching the 'looks like he's intentionally growing a beard' phase.

Cappayne

Mar 20, 2011
Mine's at the stage where I have a full beard and connecting goatee, but not yet at the point where sleeps are uncomfortable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad