Waived: Leafs place Peter Holland on waivers [CLEARED]

ForSpareParts*

I wish him all the best, but he had consistency issues.

I am pretty angry with the assets we let go to get him.

Mad Brills*

I wish him all the best, but he had consistency issues.

I am pretty angry with the assets we let go to get him.

If he clears, it means no one else wants him, so the leafs could send him down in October if needed.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

I'm 100% positive this isn't to get him to sign a 2-way deal at all. There's no way he's going on a 2-way deal even if he was a UFA.

This is just a tactic to show that there's very little interest in him on the market and that his dollar demand should be lowered.

I could see someone picking him up though. I don't think the Leafs are overly worried about losing him.

Last edited:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Tactics for arbitration.

Was hoping we might be able to get something for him(I don't have him making the team), doubt there's much chance of that now, if anyone wants him they can take him, if he clears, and even gets a cheap 2 way not sure anyone would pay anything anyway.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Somewhat interesting.

Holland was a nice pickup at the time, but just never turned into a very important piece.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I'm 100% positive this isn't to get him to sign a 2-way deal at all. There's no way he's going on a 2-way deal even if he was a UFA.

This is just a tactic to show that there's very little interest in him on the market and that his dollar demand should be lowered.

I could see someone picking him up.

I think you are 100% right.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Not surprised that management considers him expendable at this point. We don't really have room for him anymore so if he's claimed it's not a significant loss. If he signs, it will have to be on Lou's terms.

Mad Brills*

Leafs can't walk away unless its 3+ million and he won't get that.

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
Regardless of arbitration tactic or not, it's a little weird how they can't get a deal done.

Holland has been productive even though he's been relegated to 3rd/4th line minutes and played with the Clarkson's of the world. Check the stats.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
I've always hoped for the best for hometown boy Peter Holland.... but this will go down as another underwhelming acquisition by Nonis.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Well that kills his value :laugh:

I think someone will claim him. If anyone is looking for someone on waivers, this should be the type of guy. Even with his inconsistency issues, he's still a cheap bottom 6 option who is only 25 worth a decent amount.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I could see someone picking him up though. I don't think the Leafs are overly worried about losing him.

Sounds right.

I don't see him on the Team next year anyway.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Regardless of arbitration tactic or not, it's a little weird how they can't get a deal done.

Holland has been productive even though he's been relegated to 3rd/4th line minutes and played with the Clarkson's of the world. Check the stats.

30-35 points ish but provides nothing else... that won't be overly hard to replace. He had a great chance late last season to elevate his game and prove he could produce more consistently but just couldn't do it.

Leafs have a lot of NHL ready young players ready to push for spots and I'm sure someone like Leivo, Hyman and/or Soshnikov could easily replace his production.

I'd be surprised if he's in the Leafs organization come training camp.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Not particularly surprised .. Is a 1 or a 2 way contract an issue that goes through arbitration? I'm not familiar with the process though much - typically it's just salary

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad