Injury Report: Leafs place Fraser McLaren on injured reserve

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
It seems like fighting in general is way down this year, especially with heavyweights. Saying Orr and Mclaren dont want to fight is dumb. Like I said in a similar thread before, there a very few people that actually have the guts to fight them so by that metric alone there wont be a lot of fights. And even then the Leafs are 1st in the league in fights. I'm sure their fighting has dropped a little because Orr was injured for most of the year up until his surgery a few weeks ago and Mclaren started the year injured and seems to have been battling injuries again recently but to say they dont want to fight anymore and stuff like that is dumb. Look at the game vs Boston - Thornton has been a legit NHL heavyweight for like 10 years. He was scared to fight Mclaren all of last year, this year Mclaren pretty much forced him into a fight and Thornton ended up grabbing and hugging until a linesman came in. If guys like that wont even fight Mclaren then it shows how few guys will. I enjoy watching fights but if guys are scared to fight them and as a result of that they dont try anything cheap then im fine with that. It sure as hell beats Lucic running around breaking the glass with Van Ryn and beating up on Oreskovic and **** like that.

Also, doesnt really have to do with Mclaren specifically but Carlyle really needs to play the 4th line more. Last year even with Mclaren and Orr on it they were playing 5-6 minutes a game and this year they're playing 2-4 minutes even when guys like D'Amigo, Holland, Bodie, Broll, Devane and Abbott are on it.

likeabosski

Jul 31, 2013
It seems like fighting in general is way down this year, especially with heavyweights. Saying Orr and Mclaren dont want to fight is dumb. Like I said in a similar thread before, there a very few people that actually have the guts to fight them so by that metric alone there wont be a lot of fights. And even then the Leafs are 1st in the league in fights. I'm sure their fighting has dropped a little because Orr was injured for most of the year up until his surgery a few weeks ago and Mclaren started the year injured and seems to have been battling injuries again recently but to say they dont want to fight anymore and stuff like that is dumb. Look at the game vs Boston - Thornton has been a legit NHL heavyweight for like 10 years. He was scared to fight Mclaren all of last year, this year Mclaren pretty much forced him into a fight and Thornton ended up grabbing and hugging until a linesman came in. If guys like that wont even fight Mclaren then it shows how few guys will. I enjoy watching fights but if guys are scared to fight them and as a result of that they dont try anything cheap then im fine with that. It sure as hell beats Lucic running around breaking the glass with Van Ryn and beating up on Oreskovic and **** like that.

Also, doesnt really have to do with Mclaren specifically but Carlyle really needs to play the 4th line more. Last year even with Mclaren and Orr on it they were playing 5-6 minutes a game and this year they're playing 2-4 minutes even when guys like D'Amigo, Holland, Bodie, Broll, Devane and Abbott are on it.
Frazer McLaren is a bad man. But I don't think Colton Orr is as feared as he used to be. Orr got outworked and dropped by Erskine really good in their fight last week. Orr looked scared to fight and hesitant. Fighting is on the decline in the NHL so most teams probably don't want to mess with Orr. But good fighters like Erksine don't fear Orr.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Frazer McLaren is a bad man. But I don't think Colton Orr is as feared as he used to be. Orr got outworked and dropped by Erskine really good in their fight last week. Orr looked scared to fight and hesitant. Fighting is on the decline in the NHL so most teams probably don't want to mess with Orr. But good fighters like Erksine don't fear Orr.

I'm pretty sure Orr has never beat Erskine so I dont see that as really being relevant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad