Injury Report: Leafs place Fraser McLaren on injured reserve

cynicism

Aug 13, 2008
All we need is for Orr to go on IR and we *GASP* can have a proper fourth line that can play 10 minutes per game. I think Dr. Carlyle's about to have a heart attack.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
He doesn't even play, how did he get inju.... you know what, doesn't matter. Take your time! :D

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
McLaren used to be one of my favourite players.

It was entertaining to watch him and Orr where it felt like no other team in the league could mess with us and we still kept winning games. Dunno what really happened as one day all the fighting had suddenly stopped.

0.jpg

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
McLaren used to be one of my favourite players.

It was entertaining to watch him and Orr where it felt like no other team in the league could mess with us and we still kept winning games. Dunno what really happened as one day all the fighting had suddenly stopped.

0.jpg

Isn't that funny though?

Like I feel there is a consensus among us here at HF that the fighting has gone way down and we just aren't seeing the same rough and tumble leafs team that we saw last year.

Yet we lead the league in fighting majors with 33 fights .... what?

It's not like there's a team wide strategy to stop fighting, it's either that this is just the amount of fights we can expect to actually see in a year, or one of three things:

1. Other teams have collectively made a conscious effort to avoid fights with Fmac and Orr

2. Mclaren and Orr have mutually agreed that they just don't want to fight as much

3. Fighting is down league wide, but I don't see that... I mean in 2011 we had 35 fighting majors total compared to our 33 fights at this point in the season so we will obviously surpass that. Last year may have raised the bar to unrealistic expectations... as we had 44 fights in 48 games... almost a fight a game. Obviously that wouldn't hold up this year, as we have 33 in 49 games.

Orr and Mclaren have combined for 13 fighting majors this year... so really what we're seeing is that fighting is almost on par (averaging out) with what we would expect in a given year (35 majors in 2011-2012, 50 majors in 2010-2011), yet the the proportion of our fights from our actual bruisers seems to be way down? End of the year stats will really tell all.

Last edited:

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I don't think FML has made a conscious effort to not fight, although I don't know if I can say the same about Orr. He's always looking to stir the pot when he's out there on the ice, but he barely gets any ice time these days. I also think the other teams are going out of their way to avoid fighting him. It's not like he'll run a youngster just to start a scrap either.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Oh darn how horrible....

Yeah, thankfully we might have a chance to put together an actual fourth line though Carlyle still would only play it 4 minutes a game.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
I don't think FML has made a conscious effort to not fight, although I don't know if I can say the same about Orr. He's always looking to stir the pot when he's out there on the ice, but he barely gets any ice time these days. I also think the other teams are going out of their way to avoid fighting him. It's not like he'll run a youngster just to start a scrap either.

It's getting pretty obvious that teams are making a conscious effort to not fight Orr and McLaren. Almost every game the two engage players on the ice multiple times and are given the answer they're not looking for.

I understand that the two only play 4 minutes a game and are taking a roster spot from "Players who can actually play hockey." But I for one don't want to go back to the Ron Wilson days where we get pushed around with absolutely no push back.

Get well soon McLaren and Clarkson and Go Leafs Go!!

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
I think McLaren has to be top 5 on this team in $/per minute played. I know he makes more than double Kessel makes per minute played. I still can't believe these guys make $3000-5000 per shift (if you don't include practise or off-ice training).

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
I think McLaren has to be top 5 on this team in $/per minute played. I know he makes more than double Kessel makes per minute played. I still can't believe these guys make $3000-5000 per shift (if you don't include practise or off-ice training).

Just like McLaren couldn't possibly be a speedy scorer winger for a single minute in the NHL, Phil Kessel couldn't do what McLaren is asked to do for a single minute either. You can not like fighting or appreciate what the foot soldiers do but let's not pretend it's easy to do either. It's a brutal way to make a living.

hockeyfanz*

Cancel the playoff celebrations, now the Leafs will play one foot smaller and thinks like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad