Proposal: Leafs - Pittsburgh

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I'd expect a bigger piece if we're trading Addison. Brown on his own isn't enough.
I think Brown is worth something like a 2nd/3rd on his own, Addison I think is still worth the pick that he was taken with but hasn't done anything to be worth more, but I'd have no issue adding to Brown for Addison if there was a value gap. Brown+4th or another forward prospect that's close to ready like an Engvall or Marchment?

when you're looking at Brown don't stop looking at hockeydb either, he's pacing for about 30pts while shooting about half his career % in very defensive usage and 4th line minutes. Normalize the shooting % to his career rate and he's getting to a 35pt pace in really unfavourable usage to score

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I think Brown is worth something like a 2nd/3rd on his own, Addison I think is still worth the pick that he was taken with but hasn't done anything to be worth more, but I'd have no issue adding to Brown for Addison if there was a value gap. Brown+4th or another forward prospect that's close to ready like an Engvall or Marchment?

when you're looking at Brown don't stop looking at hockeydb either, he's pacing for about 30pts while shooting about half his career % in very defensive usage and 4th line minutes. Normalize the shooting % to his career rate and he's getting to a 35pt pace in really unfavourable usage to score
I really like Bracco, but I don't think it would be smart to move Addison as we're already pretty thin on defense. I'd consider Bracco + Brown, but I'm not so sure other pens fans would.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I really like Bracco, but I don't think it would be smart to move Addison as we're already pretty thin on defense. I'd consider Bracco + Brown, but I'm not so sure other pens fans would.
I don't think Addison gets Bracco right now on his own based on what Bracco is doing, I don't see an argument for Addison being worth more than Bracco at the very least so I wouldn't do Brown+Bracco

RHD is the need for Toronto and I don't think the Pens have anything but Addison in Brown's value range

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
No interest in Oleksiak, lots of interest in Addison as I had him ranked top 20 in last years draft and was really angry when we passed on him the pick before the Pens took him

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Pens top 3 RWs are Kessel, Rust and Hornqvist so don't see room for Brown or Bracco. Don't see why Leafs would trade for Oleksiak, given this is the last year of Matthews and Marner's ELCs they should be targeting someone much better and more reliable.

Reactions: td_ice

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
I don't think Addison gets Bracco right now on his own based on what Bracco is doing, I don't see an argument for Addison being worth more than Bracco at the very least so I wouldn't do Brown+Bracco

RHD is the need for Toronto and I don't think the Pens have anything but Addison in Brown's value range
I liked Bracco even before he started producing, so I kind of understand why you'd want to keep him.

Would you consider Bracco for Addison? Just asking it's not a move I would necessarily make.

Last edited:

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Contrary to popular belief the Leafs D overall is not bad and we have plenty of capable defenders. What we don’t have is a trust worthy minute muncher to pair along side Rielly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad