GDT: Leafs @ Panthers. We clinch our playoff matchup tonight. 7:30PM - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Re: Boston and Ottawa
Both teams will be mailing it in.
Difference between Washington and Ottawa is the Washington had something to play for. Thinking the Bruins chose to lose to Washington is a little silly IMO.

Last edited:

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
Yep, time for Wonderwoll to build a little more trust and momentum for himself.

I have a sneaking suspicion that he is going to have to play, if not in round one, sometime in these playoffs. So agreed, he needs to get right.

For those singing in your head:

And maybe
You’re gonna be the one that saves me
And after all,
You’re my WONDERWOLL

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
That is Shanny's run. You can go back 5-7 years but 3 years is too small a sample size IMO. Hell if you look at the last two years, the Leafs have won more playoff series than the Bruins.

The Bruins playoff track record over the last 10 years is as relevant as talking about the Toronto Raptors championship team when talking about today’s capabilities. This this a reputation call their current group has not earned.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Why go back 3? Hell if you go back two, they have no playoff wins. 10 years because that is how long Shanny has been here.

Sammy McKee thinks Bruins mailed it in last night o they can face the Leafs. I'll buy it if the lose to the Sens tonight.

Shanny’s failures has no bearing on which Bruins team shows up on Saturday in the playoffs. You’re not playing Bergeron Krejci. You’re playing Charlie Coyle and Pavel Zacha. Why are we pumping them up as this feared nemesis when it’s literally a different core group with no playoff accomplishments?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I really hope the Leafs don't take the bait and feel they have to send a message or set the tone for their potential series against the Panthers.

The only "tone" or message that counts is that one that starts Saturday. Tonight is absolutely meaningless (outside of AM's chase for 70) and the best thing this team could do is treat it as such.

Remember who our coach is though. Also I don't blame the players if they wanted to win this game too, but atleast preserve your health in the process.

Reactions: kevsh

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Shanny’s failures has no bearing on which Bruins team shows up on Saturday in the playoffs. You’re not playing Bergeron Krejci. You’re playing Charlie Coyle and Pavel Zacha. Why are we pumping them up as this feared nemesis when it’s literally a different core group with no playoff accomplishments?
Not pumping the Bruins. They have been as underwhelming as we have for the past few playoffs as you said but as an organization, they have had more success.

1713302784097.png

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
For additional context Lucic, Chara and Iginla were on their playoff roster 10 years ago. Not just on, but playing a major role

Reactions: torontoblood

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I don’t understand how this panthers team wins so many games

They are DOGSHIT

I agree. I also don’t think Matthews has shown any indication he needs rest tbh. Play him, stay hot, limit his minutes. Nylander needs to play out of his funk imo

JT I’d only play 1 of the two.

I don’t understand resting Matthews. Maybe to avoid injury, but let the motherf***er COOOOOOOOK

Tavares, yes, I can understand

• Love
Reactions: HockeyVirus

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I'd kind of rather play Boston. They're only 9-6 in their last 15 games and given up 3 goals a game on average.

No way you let anyone important play both games of the b2b though.

As far as I'm concerned, All of Matthews, Tavares, marner, Nylander, Rielly and McCabe all have to sit ag least one of the last 2 games.
It doesn’t bother you they have beaten us the last 7 straight games? How likely is it that we now win 4 of 7? Sometimes a team just has your number and you do not matchup well against them.

torontoblood

Proud Member of Leafs Nation
May 27, 2021
The Bruins playoff track record over the last 10 years is as relevant as talking about the Toronto Raptors championship team when talking about today’s capabilities. This this a reputation call their current group has not earned.
Brad Marchand is the only survivor left of the old bruins core/coaching staff/management team that won a championship 13 years ago(Bergeron, krejci, Seguin, Ryder, seidenberg, Thornton, Lucic, chara, marchand, Thomas, Horton, ference, Claude julien, Peter chiarelli etc )

Funny thing :Chris Boucher is the only roster player and member left of that raptors championship team in 2019. He was a role/bench player back then and he’s still a bench player now 5 years later. With the exception of the management team(Masai Ujiri and Bobby Webster, everyone who helped the raptors to become champions in 2019 left the team or retired from the nba.

Starting 5 of the raptors 2019 championship squad:

Kyle Lowry at point guard
Kawhi Leonard at Small forward
marc gasol at Center
Pascal Siakam at Power forward
Danny Green at shooting guard

and the Bench : serge Ibaka, Fred Vanvleet, Norman Powell , Jeremy Lin, Chris boucher,Patrick McCaw

Coaching :nick nurse(was fired last spring and hired by Philly a month later)

Masai ujiri (president) and Bobby Webster (General manager) are still here.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I really hope the Leafs don't take the bait and feel they have to send a message or set the tone for their potential series against the Panthers.

The only "tone" or message that counts is that one that starts Saturday. Tonight is absolutely meaningless (outside of AM's chase for 70) and the best thing this team could do is treat it as such.

Disagree. We beat them in recent memory and we should do it again convincingly. In public the Panthers are confident but they are secretly struggling with confidence. Put doubts into their heads.

I don’t understand how this panthers team wins so many games

They are DOGSHIT

Preach

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
It doesn’t bother you they have beaten us the last 7 straight games? How likely is it that we now win 4 of 7? Sometimes a team just has your number and you do not matchup well against them.
It feels like playoffs has usually flipped this script

Im pretty sure we had a dominant record v. MTL until our series with them. Then back in the Sundin days we all know the Ottawa story. Boston dominated that Kessel team but we put up a decent fight in playoffs

Reactions: authentic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad