GDT: Leafs @ Panthers - 7pm - Knies era begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
One team is desperate, one team is playing out the string.

Tough to predict which Leaf team will show up tonight.

Personally would love for the Leafs to help prevent the Panthers from making the Playoffs.

I imagine we will hear about scratches later this morning.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
So many people are going to be disappointed in Knies tonight with their horribly unrealistic expectations.

He should be really good……in 2-3 years.
Yes because a rookie has never made an impact in the NHL before the age of 23 before. The needlessly pestimistic are tiring. He doesn't need to be a star player for us, just a guy that helps out. See no reason why he can't be that early on.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
On the radio this morning Dreger said he would be surprised if Knies played tonight.

Holls Blackmail

“We’re not…how you say….pu*** boys here”
Oct 9, 2021
Yes because a rookie has never made an impact in the NHL before the age of 23 before. The needlessly pestimistic are tiring. He doesn't need to be a star player for us, just a guy that helps out. See no reason why he can't be that early on.
The needlessly optimistic are equally as tiring.

I didn’t say he can’t contribute, however, there are far too many posts on here suggesting he’s a saviour that will fix all their problems.

Level your expectations is what you need to take away from my post.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The needlessly optimistic are equally as tiring.

I didn’t say he can’t contribute, however, there are far too many posts on here suggesting he’s a saviour that will fix all their problems.

Level your expectations is what you need to take away from my post.
I really have not seen....any posts thinking he will be our saviour? People are just excited to have him on the team. How dare they. If he can contribute as a complimentary piece on any of our top 3 lines that is a win. Just deepens the team. I bet you walk around in the middle of summer and tell people not to get to excited because winter is coming too.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

7hn7rc.jpg

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Servelli thinks there are 5 serious SC contenders. They are Boston, Toronto, Edmonton, Colorado and (Dallas or Vegas). Thinks the team that gets out of the Atlantic goes to the SCF. I think NYR should be 6th.

Reactions: therealkoho

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Knies just has to play his game. If I am the Leafs, I give Jarnkrok another night off and play Knies in the top-6 for the next 3 games.

There is no way you can see what the kid can do if you play him 4th line minutes with 4th liners when that won't be his role.

Feed him minutes and opportunities, and then re-evaluate after the reg. season ends.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
So many people are going to be disappointed in Knies tonight with their horribly unrealistic expectations.

He should be really good……in 2-3 years.
You never know - hands up everyone who was disappointed by Matthews' first game after all the hype.

Personally I'll be ok if he shows good speed, decent hands, and a functional brain.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Servelli thinks there are 5 serious SC contenders. They are Boston, Toronto, Edmonton, Colorado and (Dallas or Vegas). Thinks the team that gets out of the Atlantic goes to the SCF. I think NYR should be 6th.
If he’s including Toronto wouldn’t he have to include TB and Carolina?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If he’s including Toronto wouldn’t he have to include TB and Carolina?
With Svechnikov out, he does not think Carolina has enough elite talent. Thinks Tampa is beat up. I like NJ but they have to go through NYR who I like better because they have the better goalie. NJ probably wins the Metro next year.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So you don't think he'll be slotted in as 1 LW immediately? How dare you sir?
I think they will give him chance to catch his breath and get comfortable with pro life.
I could also be very wrong and he plays tonight,it would certainly make this game more interesting

I really don't know enough about him to predict where he will play in the lineup.
Bunting played on the top line, if he could do it I would think Knies wouldn't look completely out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad