Friedman: Leafs, Oilers, Bruins, possibly Kings interested in Gavirkov

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Edmonton needs to target Chychrun unless Gavrikov agrees to an extension. If he's willing to sign, Gavrikov is my 1st choice.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
What about this

Seriously- I can find clips of any player missing an assignment. He has been playing 1st pair since Z went down months ago. He is a really good 2nd pair and plays the most minutes. His first partner is a 3rd pairing guy and last he has had to play PK, PP2 (he never has had to play) etc. Look, he honestly is a good defensive defenseman and would like to have him stay.

The CBJ is a sh**tshow right now with 1 true center (Kuraly) and a bunch of guys rushed to play because of injuries. We lead the league in man games lost by a huge margin and our coach is clueless.

What I am saying whoever gets him receives a very good top 4 defensemen.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Seriously- I can find clips of any player missing an assignment. He has been playing 1st pair since Z went down months ago. He is a really good 2nd pair and plays the most minutes. His first partner is a 3rd pairing guy and last he has had to play PK, PP2 (he never has had to play) etc. Look, he honestly is a good defensive defenseman and would like to have him stay.

The CBJ is a sh**tshow right now with 1 true center (Kuraly) and a bunch of guys rushed to play because of injuries. We lead the league in man games lost by a huge margin and our coach is clueless.

What I am saying whoever gets him receives a very good top 4 defensemen.

Leafs carved him up all night long. Tampa/Bruins will do the same. Someone else can pay the first for a glorified 3rd pairing dman

Another one

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Leafs carved him up all night long. Tampa/Bruins will do the same. Someone else can pay the first for a glorified 3rd pairing dman

Another one

Looks to me like Gavrikov might have had a bad game. But this guy is not his man. You're just blaming him for every goal that happens on the ice. Every Jackets player is going to look sub-replacement this year if you go like that. Another way to put it - Gavrikov has been in situations every game that Leafs D have not experienced. They've been blessed and you won't find out how they handle the real pressure until the Spring.

Reactions: Viqsi

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Looks to me like Gavrikov might have had a bad game. But this guy is not his man. You're just blaming him for every goal that happens on the ice. Every Jackets player is going to look sub-replacement this year if you go like that. Another way to put it - Gavrikov has been in situations every game that Leafs D have not experienced. They've been blessed and you won't find out how they handle the real pressure until the Spring.

Huh. The Leafs lost Muzzin, Rielly, Brodie their top 3 D at the same time for over a month. The Leafs D absolutely has been stressed. In that stretch they were the 2nd best team in the NHL defensively.

And I am not saying he isn't a good player in the right fit in the right role, but no interest from Toronto. I have nightmares of him giving up chances like that in the playoffs. Been there, done that.

I suspect he'll be turned inside out again tonight when asked to defend anyone decent. Trying to sell him as a solution and not a depth add is wrong IMO. Someone else can have him

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Huh. The Leafs lost Muzzin, Rielly, Brodie their top 3 D at the same time for over a month. The Leafs D absolutely has been stressed. In that stretch they were the 2nd best team in the NHL defensively.

Yeah that's what I mean. The team as a whole functions so well that the defenders rarely have to defend.

And I am not saying he isn't a good player in the right fit in the right role, but no interest from Toronto. I have nightmares of him giving up chances like that in the playoffs. Been there, done that.

I suspect he'll be turned inside out again tonight when asked to defend anyone decent. Trying to sell him as a solution and not a depth add is wrong IMO. Someone else can have him

Weird nightmares. No one who has any deep familiarity of Gavrikov has any concern about his rush defense. No one has ever had that worry in Columbus. He fell asleep vs some Leafs D in the middle of the tankjob season. That's it.

I don't care if you want the player or not. I'm telling you that you're ignorant.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I suspect you are right but I think that has more to do with Columbus than Gavirkov

Truenorthducky

Oct 10, 2020
Can we just assume the leafs are interested in absolutely every player on the trade block and no point in even putting their name in the title anymore.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
How many dmen does that give the leafs after the deadline now?

Rielly
Brodie
Chychryn
Mccabe
Gavrikov
Liljegrin
Sandin
Giordano
Holl
Edmunson
Schenn
Timmins
Benn
Myers

Am I missing anybody else we are gonna get?

To me, if these reports are all true, it simply means that the Leafs are considering acquiring a defensemen. As a result, they are talking to many teams who might have defensemen available.

People make way too much about reports that a team has interest in a player. I would assume that all GMs do this.

Finally, the bigger the hockey media presence is in a city, the more you will hear about that team's interests. And Toronto almost certainly has the biggest hockey media presence.

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023

Another one

This had nothing to do with Gavrikov.

Should we bring up videos of Reilly, Sandin and Holl looking like bums?

Reactions: Viqsi

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Can we just assume the leafs are interested in absolutely every player on the trade block and no point in even putting their name in the title anymore.
We can probably assume that all teams who may be looking for a certain type of player are interested in all players of that type. I think we just hear more about Toronto's interests because of the size of the Leafs fanbase and the large hockey media presence in Toronto, there are more people asking questions and reporting of the Leafs' interestws.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Think he ends up on the Oilers, they've been linked to him for a while + rumors of wanting to upgrade their LHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad