News Article: Leafs offer on Hamonic was JVR + 2018 first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
If NYI wasn't a borderline playoff team I think they take that and run

JVR is easily a 1st at the deadline for them

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Glad that trade didn't happen.

If the 1st was at least top 10 protected, then it's not horrible. If the 1st was unprotected, then you gotta wonder how smart this management group really is.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
van Riemsyk has to be extended and not given a huge NTC.
Otherwise he's a one dimension scoring winger, with size that he doesn't use outside of the bluepaint in the opposition end rental.

Depending on his contract demands, I'd prefer to trade him for future assets that we can then parlay into a top-4 defenseman.

Bobby Ryan <> 1st, Silfverberg, Noesen
Milan Lucic <> 1st, Jones, C. Miller

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'm kind of surprised honestly they didn't take that. To the degree that I'm actually doubting that was really the offer.

The Islanders are trying to keep Tavares around right? If they are weakening the roster by moving out Hamonic wouldn't giving him another good winger in JVR be a nice touch?

Yeah, I'm struggling to believe that.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
A Leaf GM should be forbidden to trade a future 1st round pick ever again until they know for certain what the pick is. Perhaps it was lottery protected. Do not like that deal at all

Doesn't smell right. Isles take that deal especially given the fact that they are trying to show Tavares they can win now. May have been more about showing loyalty to Hamonic. He desperately wanted to get back to Western Canada for personal reasons. He agreed to stay put on the island a year ago... but there must be something going on in his personal life. Perhaps that played a bigger factor than maximizing the return for Snow. If so... Kudos to Snow for making it happen.

Last edited:

CDP

Nov 30, 2014
You all want a shutdown dman but don't want to give up anything to get one.

Not sure that I would've made this trade but I'd think about it for sure

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Don't believe that, so JVRs value is less than 2 2nds?

it is, when you are trading in conference, apparently.

I think the thing we're all missing here - is that JVR was offered. which means, he could be offered again, which means - everyone saying "why not just re-sign him." you're seeing the answer. he's not part of plans if the deal is right.

I'd say let's not get too attached to JVR.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
that isn't a real offer. What this fake offer means is to NYI JVR value is less than 2 2nd's. It is very hard for me to believe that.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Some guy writing a rumour into an article isn't "confirmed with link", even if the writer claimed to be confirming it, which he wasn't:

with Toronto reportedly offering a package that included forward James van Riemsdyk and a 2018 first. [emphasis mine]

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Guarantee there was protection on the 1st and thats probably why they chose cgy's offer instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad