GDT: Leafs@NYRangers 7 PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Fun fact: Only 7 teams have 2 goaltenders with a better SV% than Sparks who have played at least as many games:

Bos,Pit,Nsh,Dal, Phi, Nyi, Wpg.

11 teams don't even have a guy with a SV% higher than Sparks. So in a year where SV% is down, Sparka is having a good year and Freddy is a god.

So we do have one of the better backups in the league. Hopefully he can play well today and we'll start this roadtrip really well.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Fun fact: Only 7 teams have 2 goaltenders with a better SV% than Sparks who have played at least as many games:

Bos,Pit,Nsh,Dal, Phi, Nyi, Wpg.

11 teams don't even have a guy with a SV% higher than Sparks. So in a year where SV% is down, Sparka is having a good year and Freddy is a god.

So we do have one of the better backups in the league. Hopefully he can play well today and we'll start this roadtrip really well.
All you have to do is actually watch all of sparks games to know he isnt the best backup in the league lol... many many games he was bailed out by the leafs offense.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
They tried Zaits with just about everybody last night and the results were the same, stupid suicude passes into or through the crease to a covered partner . Put him with Reilly and the other team will be too confused by their terrible passing to do anything .
Not sure which was worse the blind back pass to 2 habs in their end or the sweet pass to Domi in our end .

His career here is dead in the water. I do think he could be a contributing member on a team like Edmonton though, somewhere he can be used in a more offensive role and get some powerplay time again. Shame how he's derailed so hard. The tools are there to be a solid dman but he's completely lost the thread.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
just work on the PP. it is really starting to frustrate me as a fan, and players as it takes momentum away from the team.

eventually our PK guys are gonna give up a goal or two; we need our PP to even things out; can't have a PP with this much talent be so mediocre

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
just work on the PP. it is really starting to frustrate me as a fan, and players as it takes momentum away from the team.

eventually our PK guys are gonna give up a goal or two; we need our PP to even things out; can't have a PP with this much talent be so mediocre

It's starting to frustate Babcock as well.

Something has to happen.

Reactions: Rogue

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
When they sucked against Florida the reason given was that they had nothing left after the game against Tampa the previous night. Well if they suck tonight, I am not buying that excuse cause some of them barely broke a sweat last night.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Something has to happen.

I wonder if Babcock might look at coaching changes this summer.

It's tough to say though because Jim Hiller and Andrew Brewer have been with him forever, and the players love DJ Smith.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
When they sucked against Florida the reason given was that they had nothing left after the game against Tampa the previous night. Well if they suck tonight, I am not buying that excuse cause some of them barely broke a sweat last night.
they won against a good team, and they played fine

Reactions: CincoHolio

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
they won against a good team, and they played fine

I must have been watching a different game or my definition of fine and yours differ. Their best players were not close to being their best players. The team as a whole was sloppy and the PP was non-existent. They cannot rely on their skill alone.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
Love Leafs on a Sunday. We shouldn't have too much of a problem beating the Rangers unless the boys pull a no-show and Andersen has an off game.

Go Leafs Go!

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
Love Leafs on a Sunday. We shouldn't have too much of a problem beating the Rangers unless the boys pull a no-show and Andersen has an off game.

Go Leafs Go!

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Would love to see another bomb goal from the point from Muzzin and another big time hit too. Huge 2 points up for grabs here need to start pulling away from the Toilet Seats and Ruins.

Reactions: Rogue

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada

Found someone more stubborn than even Babcock. Lemme caption that conversation:

Hiller - If we keep putting two guys in the slot and ask them to stand still then eventually it'll go in....off their ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad