Leafs Nation...RELAX!

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The problems that need to be fixed:
1. A solid 2nd pair D.
Gunnar/Phaneuf are fine. Establishing a consistent pair out of Gardiner,Franson,Rielly,Ranger has been a problem.
2. Secondary scoring.
Remember the year Grabo,Kulemin and MacArthur had a good year. We also had Bozak/Kessel for basically a line and a half. Missed the playoffs.
Then we got Lupul. Lupul,Bozak,Kessel had a good year but Grabo,Kuli and Mac didn't. Missed the playoffs.
Then we got JVR. JVR,Bozak and Kessel played well. Kadri came up and had a good year with Lupul/Mac. Made the playoffs.
Secondary scoring.
Now our bottom 6 doesn't score and the 2nd lines are as inconsistent as the 2nd D pairings.
Goalies are good.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Sorry to burst your bubble guys but after this western road trip were going to be a below 0.500 team.

I love being optimistic but if were getting outplayed by Buffalo, Columbus, Montreal etc. there's no way were beating the Sharks, Blues, Kings etc. I hope that Ekblad kid is good

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
So the Leafs have lost 4 straight. Every team goes through a slump, even the best, elite teams in the league goes through a slump every now and then. It happens. There is no reason for everyone to run around like a chicken with your head cut off screaming, "Over the cliff!", "TANK!", "Fire Nonis!", "Fire Carlyle!", "Trade everybody!", "Blow it up and start over!".

Look at it this way. We are just 2 points out of 2nd in the division. We have two excellent goal tenders each who have Elite potential. When healthy we can roll 3 very capable lines and can be among the best scoring teams in the league.

Right now all we are lacking is Confidence and two key players to come back from injury. Its not the end of the world. The sky isn't falling. and we still have 54 games remaining to make up the ground we lost while our team is injured.

KEEP CALM... AND CHILL OUT!

Stop being so sensible, you should know that isn't the way things go around here.

robdicks

Aug 10, 2008
Welland ON
I've been scared since the beginning of the year. The thing is this team top to bottom is good enough to be a playoff team, but they haven't played like one at all this year. They had an incredibly hot start where they were finding ways to win games, but they were still being outplayed handily by every team. I really think this is the team we have. Hopefully we can get in.

robdicks

Aug 10, 2008
Welland ON
Sorry to burst your bubble guys but after this western road trip were going to be a below 0.500 team.

I love being optimistic but if were getting outplayed by Buffalo, Columbus, Montreal etc. there's no way were beating the Sharks, Blues, Kings etc. I hope that Ekblad kid is good

This team isn't bad enough to fall that far. However, this team hasn't played to its capabilities all season. With the top six that we have we should be playing more offensively.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

Or maybe it will make them play their best hockey of the season?

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
What was your old HF handle?:laugh:

I've never been on HF before, I was meaning in general its always the same whiny bunch, I've been here for a month and the guys/gals that were chicken littles then are still beating the same sky is falling drum but now for a different reason.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
I don't understand why its wrong to be frustrated. Its part of being a passionate sports fan. Fans will have emotions going up and down just like sports teams have streaks. Its absolutely justified to be pissed off at this team the way they have been playing for the last 20 games or so. So no, there no need to KEEP CALM....and CHILL OUT

Last night I was yelling at my TV, Carlyle, the refs and my wife for telling me to relax... that game was irritating to watch for so many reasons (The officiating especially). But this morning I cooled down and realized this really isn't a team that's as bad as the last few games indicated. They need their confidence, Bolland and Lupul back and they will again be a force to be reckoned with.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON

Only positive about this is that the western teams are coming to play in Toronto besides the St Louis Blues game on December 12. Also with the fact Toronto has played much better at home than they are on the Road this year..

Either way. I still predict the Leafs outside the playoff spots by Christmas

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
Only positive about this is that the western teams are coming to play in Toronto besides the St Louis Blues game on December 12. Also with the fact Toronto has played much better at home than they are on the Road this year..

Either way. I still predict the Leafs outside the playoff spots by Christmas

Who cares if they are out of a playoff spot by Christmas? What matters is where they are on April 14th

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
There is a history here

I remember the same "relax" story as the team went down the drain with Wilson. Last year was 48 games and the team backed into the playoffs. After this road trip we will be out of the playoffs and it will be too late,so "relax" and come back and say "relax" again in 10 games when you are wrong. But you won't,you will wait till this time next year to say "Relax" and then disappear again, just like a little chicken.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio

Crystalball_zpsc60ef2bd.png

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
i remember the same "relax" story as the team went down the drain with wilson. Last year was 48 games and the team backed into the playoffs. After this road trip we will be out of the playoffs and it will be too late,so "relax" and come back and say "relax" again in 10 games when you are wrong. But you won't,you will wait till this time next year to say "relax" and then disappear again, just like a little chicken.

lol!

So you subscribe to the whole "Blow up everything" nonsense?

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I've never been on HF before, I was meaning in general its always the same whiny bunch, I've been here for a month and the guys/gals that were chicken littles then are still beating the same sky is falling drum but now for a different reason.
Your words

I remember the same posters *****ing about picking up Kessel a few short years ago and the same ones are *****ing about how much money Dion deserves, like its any of their business how much anyone makes...

Come on we aren't stupid here you know.;)

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Your words

I remember the same posters *****ing about picking up Kessel a few short years ago and the same ones are *****ing about how much money Dion deserves, like its any of their business how much anyone makes...

Come on we aren't stupid here you know.;)

In a cap world it is a fan's business because the more a player makes the less there is for someone else. In a noncap league I'd agree with you who cares if the owner wants to pay some guy 25 million per year.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Not at all.

lol!

So you subscribe to the whole "Blow up everything" nonsense?

Carlyle refuses to play to our strengths and will stubbornly stick to what doesn't work. If not for goaltending, where would be? If we miss the playoffs, I expect Nonnis to be fired along with Carlyle. A new GM likely wont subscribe to a no number one C and will have to make cap room to get one. I wonder if he will want to build his team around Kessel,Bozak at $12M a year, since it doesn't work.

Polo*

I remember the same "relax" story as the team went down the drain with Wilson. Last year was 48 games and the team backed into the playoffs. After this road trip we will be out of the playoffs and it will be too late,so "relax" and come back and say "relax" again in 10 games when you are wrong. But you won't,you will wait till this time next year to say "Relax" and then disappear again, just like a little chicken.

a little chicken says relax and disappears? This is quite the magical chicken, can you tell me where I can find one

DaveT83*

How many of you are employed by MLSE I wonder?

This team was awful even when they were winning. Most rational fans knew that their style of play would catch up to them. Were only beginning to see it.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Sorry but this isn't some random slump.

We've had some concerning trends and it's really snowballed. Bolland is also out for a long period of time.

There is real reason to be concerned here.

Sylhfer

#34 ԅ(‹o›Д‹o›ԅ)
Nov 25, 2013
Lurking...
Oh, ye of little faith...

Not only will we snap our lossing-streak on the Western road trip, but we will pick up valuable points for our push in to the Playoffs. I've read some posters say we will go 0-10. Come on, what happened to believing in your team through thick and thin.

GLG!

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Errr, have you seen their play all season? Nothing has changed and doesnt appear it will change anytime soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad