Eklund Rumor: Leafs (MOD EDIT: In on Dmen)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think you're Eklund...You've been on this site for way too long to post something about Eklund....
I think we found him folks.

Honestly It's an experiment, I always said anything to do with the Leafs draws attention, so I decided to test that theory with Eklund and the word "Leafs." just Leafs no other context.

and even that so far has gotten 25+ replies.

The mods have sense ruined that by adding context to the title Thanks mods.

I bet if I did it with Friedman or Lebrun or Dreger it would get more.

Vinman88

Aug 3, 2018
Leafs and Panthers are in compete now mode and unlikely to trade assets already on the team. They also do not have any "late 1st round equivalent" up and coming prospect Montreal would want. If Panthers were to entertain trading Anton Lundell, I do believe HUGO would listen.
No thanks, send him back to Tampa

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
In Eklunds 12 year history he has never gotten anything right. Don't fall for his bs.

That's not actually true.

Heatley for Hossa got him started.

Chara to Boston

Carter to Columbus and Richards to LA.

Franson and Lombardi to Toronto.

He's broken several things but It's been a long time.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
That's not actually true.

Heatley for Hossa got him started.

Chara to Boston

Carter to Columbus and Richards to LA.

Franson and Lombardi to Toronto.

He's broken several things but It's been a long time.
The belief was he had connections thru the flyers. Some of these may have moved to other teams

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Honestly It's an experiment, I always said anything to do with the Leafs draws attention, so I decided to test that theory with Eklund and the word "Leafs." just Leafs no other context.

and even that so far has gotten 25+ replies.

The mods have sense ruined that by adding context to the title Thanks mods.

I bet if I did it with Friedman or Lebrun or Dreger it would get more.
The fact leafs are looking for D is nothing new.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Leafs and Panthers are in compete now mode and unlikely to trade assets already on the team. They also do not have any "late 1st round equivalent" up and coming prospect Montreal would want. If Panthers were to entertain trading Anton Lundell, I do believe HUGO would listen.
I could see the Panthers making some noise in the playoffs. Leafs are going to do the per usual I'd guess.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Leafs have Cowan and Minten. But they are a few years away. Out of Toronto and Florida you’d have to think the Leafs have a better chance at getting him. Florida doesn’t have a FRP until 2027. Leafs not only have all their FRP’s going forward they got a steal in Cowan who is dominating junior.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Leafs have Cowan and Minten. But they are a few years away. Out of Toronto and Florida you’d have to think the Leafs have a better chance at getting him. Florida doesn’t have a FRP until 2027. Leafs not only have all their FRP’s going forward they got a steal in Cowan who is dominating junior.
We are missing 2025 1st.

Have 2024 but 2025 the blackhawks have from McCabe. Its top 10 protected though so could have if we suck next year

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
We’re all gonna have a heart attack when Treliving announces they’ve re-acquired Justin Holl…. for a mid round pick.

Reactions: Jojalu

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
We still haven’t moved on from quoting Eklund? He’s been around since before I was on here and he still hasn’t called a deal.

Why haven’t we moved on from Eklund?

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Cowan and Minten will likely both be on the team next season. Minten made the team out of camp, so he should be ready, and I dont think Cowan will be back in London next season either, and am not sure about his AHL eligibility.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Edmundson's a band-aid boy at this point isn't he, Habs fans?

Savard's solid, but we don't want to pay a 1st there or any prime prospect. We're not a Savard away from contention no matter how many great games Matthews has against Anaheim.

Tanev. I'm sure he'd play his heart for his hometown, but we can't move premium assets here either. ten years ago - sure, in and around that value.

Now if Treliving managed to get Savard and a Tanev for a run without paying premium prices. That's a grab your popcorn move. We still won't push our way to the Finals but it would be interesting and a good boost for the club for near future plans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad