Eklund Rumor: Leafs (MOD EDIT: In on Dmen)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Eklund is reporting that the Leafs are in on 3 D men, those being Chris Tanev, Joel Edmunson and David Savard.

Now we all know they are in on Tanev that's been reported since at least November.

The other 2 haven't been reported at all, although I do admit I have wondered about Savard myself simply because he's not a rental, I do believe a move is coming but I don't think it will be a rental, for example if they did acquire Tanev, I think it would be with the idea that he's staying.

Eklund says right now the 2 most likely destinations for Savard are Toronto and Florida.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Hughes has said they haven't looked at moving Savard. It would need to be a clear win for Montreal to consider moving him

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
According to cap friendly Florida next available 1st round pick is in 2027.

Cap friendly doesn't list 2027 picks yet I don't know how Florida would even do it.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Florida isn't giving a 1st for Savard.
We don't need anything more than a depth defenseman if at all.
We're 2nd in goals against with Bob and Stolarz who have been great most of the year.

We need a RW who can shoot/score with decent defense that can play on 2nd/3rd line.

Eberle as example

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Eklund is reporting that the Leafs are in on 3 D men, those being Chris Tanev, Joel Edmunson and David Savard.

Now we all know they are in on Tanev that's been reported since at least November.

The other 2 haven't been reported at all, although I do admit I have wondered about Savard myself simply because he's not a rental, I do believe a move is coming but I don't think it will be a rental, for example if they did acquire Tanev, I think it would be with the idea that he's staying.

Eklund says right now the 2 most likely destinations for Savard are Toronto and Florida.
Habs need high return to move Savard. A first and solid prospect with no retention type return. We can retain but need extra 2nd. He's quality veteran, right shot with control and team friendly contract. Savard is worth more than other two.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Florida isn't giving a 1st for Savard.
We don't need anything more than a depth defenseman if at all.
We're 2nd in goals against with Bob and Stolarz who have been great most of the year.

We need a RW who can shoot/score with decent defense that can play on 2nd/3rd line.

Eberle as example

Even if they wanted to do it Florida doesn't have a 1st for Savard, they don't have a 1st round pick again until 2027 according to cap friendly, they also don't have a 2nd this year.

I'm not sure how they would do it even if they wanted to.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don’t see the Habs trading Savard. He is needed to help mentor the young Habs D corps and bring some stability. Habs rebuild isn’t just predicated on getting picks (which they have plenty), it also requires player development.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I don't see savard moving. He's not really worth a 1st, but if I'm the habs I don't consider moving him for a penny less (and even just a 1st might not be worth it)

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Leafs..............have 35k in cap space....
They are going to have to dump soneone, in order to add someone....

this entire post is wrong, now they probably will move somebody out but they don't NEED to.

At the time of this post they have 2+ million in cap space according to cap friendly

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
this entire post is wrong, now they probably will move somebody out but they don't NEED to.

At the time of this post they have 2+ million in cap space according to cap friendly
Yup..........sorry the last time I looked they had 35K in space.............someone else must have gone down? I don't follow the leafs, just the last time I looked 3-4 days ago it said 34,999 in LTIR space.

The media have them in on everyone, we must admit can be annoying.

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON

Eklund is reporting this? So the leafs aren't getting Savard, Tanev or Edmunson

• Haha
Reactions: RRhoads

habstradamus

Jul 1, 2018
Brussels, Belgium
Leafs and Panthers are in compete now mode and unlikely to trade assets already on the team. They also do not have any "late 1st round equivalent" up and coming prospect Montreal would want. If Panthers were to entertain trading Anton Lundell, I do believe HUGO would listen.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
A 1st for Slafkovsky? I think you might get a few takers.

SlafGOATsky ain't a bust. He's a machine.

slafkovsky-habs.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
Savard is a solid veteran player and an asset to any playoff team. He is a commodity that is in demand. Hughes will get his price.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011

I think you're Eklund...You've been on this site for way too long to post something about Eklund....
I think we found him folks.

Reactions: Zonk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad