Post-Game Talk: Leafs Make A Meaningless Game Out of Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
Well Kyper says it best when he calls the Leafs a poor passing team. They kind of cycle around and spam their chances, try to break in so it feels like the door has been shut, and the connection between 16 to 34 is simply taken away. And the more they press the worse everything gets.
And somehow they haven’t figured out that doesn’t work in tight checking hockey. Players who don’t like to get their hands dirty and clueless coaching. Take you pick

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
And somehow they haven’t figured out that doesn’t work in tight checking hockey. Players who don’t like to get their hands dirty and clueless coaching. Take you pick

I find it disheartening that the Matthews pursuit, Nylander pursuit can’t be done in a way that organically feeds team success and those things are a platform for more team success… like steel sharpens steel, their production puts us on a heater going into a big playoff series. Like how did something so fun, positive and historic turn into such a spectacular turd burger? Basically Keefe and his silly words. But also this team is so fragile at the same time.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Never thought I'd say this but I think Domi is a better winger for Matthews. He's a better retriever, more explosive and moves the puck quicker once he gets it. Meanwhile Marner likes to carry it in circles around the o-zone looking for a layup pass. The way Domi plays gets Bertuzzi more engaged. Everyone touches the puck more. That's not even starting on the added toughness. One game and I already miss that line.

Marner makes everyone think about the fancy play.
It works for 90% of crap teams, but he gets shutdown by good teams.

Domi makes a quick pass to Matthews or Bert with basics, TIC TAC TOE GOAL.

Marner likes to skate sideways, crossover, crosby edge circles into a stutter step and then quickly pass it at an angle suddenly... Playoffs means he gets shoved by someone 6'4 before he passes.

Oh and Domi fights guys who are 6'4 fearlessly... Marner does not.
Matthews needs some protection despite being 6'4 himself.

Lets see how we do vs Bruins this time...

But its a no sign for Marner, we need to upgrade on the blueline and maybe look for a goalie with 13 Million.

Sure we can get One of Domi and Bert as well along ewith the upgrades.

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
I find it disheartening that the Matthews pursuit, Nylander pursuit can’t be done in a way that organically feeds team success and those things are a platform for more team success… like steel sharpens steel, their production puts us on a heater going into a big playoff series. Like how did something so fun, positive and historic turn into such a spectacular turd burger? Basically Keefe and his silly words. But also this team is so fragile at the same time.
All they needed to do was continue to play a strong team game. Once the players started to focus too much in his pursuit of 70 goals, it changed their team’s chemistry and focus. Focusing on scoring goals never results in scoring goals. Matthews said it himself when asked the question about his pursuit of 70. He wanted to just continue and play his normal game and have faith it would happen. Obviously that’s easier said then done. If Keith is guilty of anything, it’s letting the team lose its focus. He’s not a strong enough leader IMO.

Reactions: weems
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad