OT: Leafs Lounge v.137-LL Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
This thread is dedicated to all past, present and future and LL members (except Brody of course).
images

Crispy_bacon_1-1-.jpg
42-selena-gomez-1353998248.jpg

Last edited:

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
I was kidding!!! :)

Should probably get started on making my group's powerpoint, just don't feel like doing it right now.

How'd you like the Blacklist last night? I was watching it, pretty intrigued and then all of a sudden it just ended. I thought it still had like 20 minutes left :laugh:

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
How'd you like the Blacklist last night? I was watching it, pretty intrigued and then all of a sudden it just ended. I thought it still had like 20 minutes left :laugh:

in the guide says it was a 2-parter so was expecting it to end any minute. This next episode is the last of the season :( But the episode is pretty good. Was shocked to see how much Reddington cared about the girl and that other guy.

Better get renewed for another season.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Carryover from last thread:

Well, I got a bit of a dilemma that I kind of pushed aside for a couple of days but right now it's gotten my mental state worse and I feel I just need some advice for how to get through this situation.

Anyways, there's this one girl in my class (that is on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons) that I frequently sit beside during lectures. I've had some pleasant conversations with her and we seem to have quite a few common interests (as well as the both of us trying to major in the same program). I also spent some time with her in the library after class. I've started to grow an attraction to this girl, and I want to try to approach her about a relationship. Here's the problem. This past weekend was when I decided that I wanted to explore a relationship with her. The problem is that she wasn't in class today and I'm freaking out that I won't be able to at least confront her about my feelings since we only have two more classes left. Another problem is all I have in the way of her info is her first name. Nothing else. I haven't any way of contacting her (no phone number, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit etc) other than in person. I'm scared that she won't come for the final two classes and that I'll never see her again.

If you have any experience of being in this type of situation or have a good instinct for what should be done, please advice. No troll suggestions please (hax/stalking), serious advice. As embarrassing as this is to admit, I've never been in a romantic relationship before either, so I have no experience even asking any girl out, so if you have any good advice on what to say to her, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your understanding.

@Epictetus: Thanks for the advice. You too, Schenn. Don't worry Baarle, if I send you a PM in 1 week's time, you'll know what it's about ;)

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
in the guide says it was a 2-parter so was expecting it to end any minute. This next episode is the last of the season :( But the episode is pretty good. Was shocked to see how much Reddington cared about the girl and that other guy.

Better get renewed for another season.

It's over already? What the hell, I just got into the show like two weeks ago :rant:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Carryover from last thread:

@Epictetus: Thanks for the advice. You too, Schenn. Don't worry Baarle, if I send you a PM in 1 week's time, you'll know what it's about ;)
I'm sure she'll be at least at one of the last two, and when she IS, just ask for her number. When class is done and you guys are packing up just be like "Hey we should hang out sometime outside of class, whats your number?" Or just ask for it so you guys can study before the exam or some other ******** excuse. Dont act overly creepy and spew out your feelings to her. Hang out with her outside of class so you can get a sense if she feels similar and see if things escalate.

Also that wont be the last time you see her. You said youre in the same program so im sure you guys will have classes together in the future.

Last edited:

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
The lady friend has got me watching a little bit of Top Gear (UK). Some of the episodes are fricken hilarious. Like the one where they turn vehicles into boats or when they play rugby with vehicles on a rugby pitch and massive ball. :laugh:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
The lady friend has got me watching a little bit of Top Gear (UK). Some of the episodes are fricken hilarious. Like the one where they turn vehicles into boats or when they play rugby with vehicles on a rugby pitch and massive ball. :laugh:

I've honestly only seen this episode and thought it was hilarious.

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612

Top Gear is one of my favourite shows. Do yourself a favour and watch the episode where they travel through the southern states. It's hilarious, and since you're quite the hick yourself you may even relate to it ;)

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Top Gear is one of my favourite shows. Do yourself a favour and watch the episode where they travel through the southern states. It's hilarious, and since you're quite the hick yourself you may even relate to it ;)

I just watched the one where they travel across Vietnam on the motorbikes. Was going to check that one out next. And I'm hardly eve hick. :laugh:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I'm sure she'll be at least at one of the last two, and when she IS, just ask for her number. When class is done and you guys are packing up just be like "Hey we should hang out sometime outside of class, whats your number?" Or just ask for it so you guys can study before the exam or some other ******** excuse. Dont act overly creepy and spew out your feelings to her. Hang out with her outside of class so you can get a sense if she feels similar and see if things escalate.

Also that wont be the last time you see her. You said youre in the same program so im sure you guys will have classes together in the future.

There is potentially 1 class we could have together, and unless she got hammered down at the Danforth and selected a 3 hr lecture that runs till 9 pm, we'll probably be in the same class.

I'm still pessimistic though. I'm fully expecting to never see her again or for her to be taken or reject me, so if (more like when) it does happen, I won't be overly disappointed. Years of being a Leafs fan will develop that kind of attitude.

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
I just watched the one where they travel across Vietnam on the motorbikes. Was going to check that one out next. And I'm hardly eve hick. :laugh:
All of their specials are really good. There's one in Africa (Botswana) and one in South America (Bolivia) that are both very good. Damn it, now I have to rewatch it :laugh:
Baarle, is your avatar a treasure map?

X marks the spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad